- Covers systems in use in a wide range of power plants: conventional thermal power plants, combined/cogen plants, supercritical plants, and once through boilers- Presents practical design aspects and current trends in instrumentation- Discusses why and how to change control strategies when systems are updated/changed- Provides instrumentation selection techniques based on operating parameters. Spec sheets are included for each type of instrument.- Consistent with current professional practice in North America, Europe, and India
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
- Introduction and Basic Systems
- Main Equipment
- General Instrumentation
- Special Instruments
- Final Control Elements
- Intelligent Control Systems
- Boiler Control Systems
- Turbogenerator Control Systems
- Coordinated Control Systems
- Balance of Plant Control Systems
- Installation Practices
Swapan Basu is a member of IEEE and IEEE Instrumentation & Measurement. He has several decades of experience in practicing instrumentation & control systems for subcritical, super critical thermal power plants including combined cycle projects. Since 1979, he has been leading teams of engineers in India, Jordan, Singapore, South Korea, Syria, and USA. He has a number of national and international technical papers to his credit. With Elsevier BV had already authored books entitled "Power Plant instrumentation and control Handbook, "Plant Hazard Analysis and Safety Instrumentation Systems and "Plant Flow Metering and control handbook. Author also maintains technical Blog: http://swapanbasu.com. Author's update is available at: https://www.amazon.com/author/swapanbasu . He is founder member of Systems & Controls - C&I consultants in Kolkata India.
Ajay Kumar Debnath is Chief Executive, Systems and Controls, Control and Instrumentation Engineering and Consulting Kolkata, India. He has practiced both electrical and C&I system in power plants and textile and fertilizer plants. He has over 43 years of experience and has worked in India, France, and the United States in fossil fuel power plants from 30 MW up to 660 MW Supercritical Power Plants and co-generation as well as in combined cycle plants with gas, bagasse, and tar as fuel.