PIC32 Microcontrollers and the Digilent chipKIT: Introductory to Advanced Projects will teach you about the architecture of 32-bit processors and the hardware details of the chipKIT development boards, with a focus on the chipKIT MX3 microcontroller development board. Once the basics are covered, the book then moves on to describe the MPLAB and MPIDE packages using the C language for program development. The final part of the book is based on project development, with techniques learned in earlier chapters, using projects as examples.
Each projectwill have a practical approach, with in-depth descriptions and program flow-charts with block diagrams, circuit diagrams, a full program listing and a follow up on testing and further development.
With this book you will learn:
- State-of-the-art PIC32 32-bit microcontroller architecture
- How to program 32-bit PIC microcontrollers using MPIDE, MPLAB, and C language
- Core features of the chipKIT series development boards
- How to develop simple projects using the chipKIT MX3 development board and Pmod interface cards
- how to develop advanced projects using the chipKIT MX3 development boards
- Demonstrates how to use the PIC32 series of microcontrollers in real, practical applications, and make the connection between hardware and software programming
- Usage of the PIC32MX320F128H microcontroller, which has many features of the PIC32 device and is included on the chipKIT MX3 development board
- Uses the highly popular chipKIT development boards, and the PIC32 for real world applications, making this book one of a kind
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Preface Acknowledgements 1. Microcomputer Systems 2. PIC32 Microcontroller Series 3. PIC32 Microcontroller Development Tools 4. The CEerebot MX3cK (chipKIT MX3) Development Board 5. The MPIDE Programming Environment and Programming in C 6. Microcontroller Program Development 7. Simple chipKIT MX3 Based Projects Appendix- Using The MPLAB IDE with the chipKIT Pro MX7 Development Board Index
Prof Dogan Ibrahim graduated from the University of Salford with First Class Honours in Electronic Engineering. He then completed an MSc course in Automatic Control Engineering at the University of Manchester, and PhD in Digital Signal Processing at the City University in London. Prof Ibrahim worked at several companies before returning to the academic life. He is currently a lecturer at the Department of Computer Information Systems at the Near East University. Prof Ibrahim is a Fellow of the IET, and a Chartered Electrical Engineer. His interests are in the fields of microcontroller based automatic control, digital signal processing, and computer aided design.Dogan Ibrahim has been Associate Professor and Head of Department at the Near East University, Cyprus, lecturer at South Bank University, London, Principal Research Engineer at GEC Hirst Research Centre, and is now a hardware and software systems consultant to London's Traffic Control Systems Unit.