The scarcity of pure drinking water and water borne diseases have paved the path for the home water purifiers to boom in India in the last few years. Currently the home water purifier industry is valued at about INR 34 billion in FY 2014. The industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 22% until 2019 to reach INR 91.9 billion. This boost is due to the rise in disposable income, shortage of potable water, increasing health consciousness and growing awareness about water borne diseases among Indian consumers
Water pollution and depleting water tables are the main reasons for contamination of water bodies and water related diseases in India. Water borne diseases account for 77% of all diseases in the country. Increasing awareness of water related diseases accompanied by the lack of pure drinking water will drive this industry’s growth in India.
- The home water purifier industry in India is currently valued at INR 34bn (~USD 567 million) in FY 2014, has been growing at ~20% for the last three years. This report estimates that the industry will be worth approximately INR 91.9 billion (~USD 1.53 billion) by FY 2019, growing at a CAGR of 22%.
- The market is dominated by organized players and their share will increase in the coming years
- RO water purifiers segment has the maximum share in the home water purifier industry
The report includes profiles of the top-5 players with a brief overview about their product and service offerings, key financial ratios, strategies, etc.
1. Industry Structure
- Home water purifier industry structure
- Evolution of home water purifier industry in India
- Industry supply chain
2. Market Overview
- Market size & growth
- Industry segmentation by product type
- Urban vs. rural segmentation
- Segmentation by end-user
- Consumption by season
- Segmentation by region
- Segmentation by price
3. Driver and Inhibitors
- Water borne diseases
- Scarcity of clean drinking water
- Low penetration of water purifiers
- Rise in income and consumption
- Growth in residential real estate market
- Low awareness
- Lack of government standards
4. Industry trends
- Recent developments
5. Industry Analysis
- Porter’s analysis of home water purifier industry in India
- Industry attractiveness
6. Competitive Environment
- Organized vs. unorganized
- Market share of key players
- Market share of key players segment wise
- Price vs. quality matrix
- Manufacturing locations of key players
- Competitive benchmarking of top players in India
7. Profile of key players
- Eureka Forbes Ltd.
- Kent RO Systems Ltd.
- Tata Chemicals Ltd.
- Hindustan Unilever Ltd.
- Ion Exchange Ltd.
- Water pollution in India
- Water related diseases
- Environmental Performance Index Ranking
- Real estate market in India