The Galaxy S5 home button presents an innovative fingerprint sensor developed by Synaptics, a world leader in capacitive sensing human interface solutions for consumer electronics companies.
Samsung’s fingerprint sensor is using an innovative PCB technology for capacitive sensing of ridge peaks and ridge valleys of a fingerprint on a swiped finger. The sensor senses the speed of the finger as it is swiped across the image sensor and recognize the fingerprint image.
Located above the home button, the 17.5×5.5 mm sensor is incorporated within a rectangular shaped housing composed of an aluminum ring and a stainless steel base. The sensor is protected by a white plastic cover.
The Technology Analysis report provides information on Physical Analysis & Manufacturing Process Flow. A full reverse costing analysis is also available, for more information please click on the link below.
- Executive Summary
- Reverse Costing Methodology
- Synthesis of the Physical Analysis
- Galaxy S5 Fingerprint button disassembly
- Fingerprint Button Assembly
- Fingerprint Sensor Packaging
- Sensing PCB
- Sensor Die
- Flex PCB
Sensor Manufacturing Process
- Sensor Front-End Process
- Sensor Front-End Wafer Fabrication Unit
- Sensor PCB Fabrication Unit
- Synthesis of the main parts
- Synthesis of the assembling