- up–to–date discussions of a wide range of recent sociological data and debates
- practice questions on every specification topic
- a special chapter on the compulsory ‘Education with Methods in Context’ requirement of the specifications
- full–colour photographs, diagrams and cartoons, to bring ideas to life and fire students′ imaginations
- a dedicated website at [external URL] with resources for teachers and additional material designed to help students revise or research themes in the book.
Pitched at the right level for the new AQA Sociology specifications, the book provides the tools necessary to help students, whatever their needs, interests and abilities. Together with the accompanying Sociology for AQA Volume 2, this is an invaluable resource for teaching and studying sociology.
The AS specification
The first–year A–level specification
How to use this book
1. Introducing Sociology
2. Education with Methods in Context
3. Research Methods
4. Culture and Identity
5. Families and Households
7. Work, Poverty and Welfare
Andy Leach, Head of Studies York College, Senior Examiner, A Level Trainer, Ex–Principal Moderator
"This is a detailed yet very accessible book which provides both a general introduction to the subject and highly specific guidance on material focused on the AS examination. There is a good balance of sociological theory and up–to–date research evidence. Both students and teachers should find it invaluable as they embark on the study of sociology."
David Gilmore, Cardinal Newman College, and Senior Examiner