Swine disease outbreaks in the US and Europe are starting to reshape the global market. Estimated pig population in 2010 was 966 million, and with countries like China boosting production, the number is set to rise rapidly in the years to come. Although Pork consumption in the US has reduced, rising demand from emerging economies like China more than makes up for the loss in consumption. Even on the supply side, China has created opportunities for smallholder farmers to produce protein sources to meet domestic demand, bolstering swine rearing in the country.
Also, focus on prevention of infectious diseases and recent developments in the swine health market are the major driving factors for the market to grow. Many companies are coming up with different tests and diagnosis tools that can easily be used on the farm. With emerging markets moving from swine rearing in backyards and farms to an intensive animal husbandry model, more is being demanded from and of swine healthcare products and services.
Currently, North America leads the Global market for Swine Health, followed by Europe because it has the most advanced demand from both consumers and regulators for antibiotic free meat. However, developing regions like Asia-pacific and Africa are expected to grow rapidly, forming a new revenue pockets in the market because of increasing population which in turn is going to increase the demand of meat. Japan has banned the import of pork with detectable traces of antibiotics and this is fueling a shift in global practices. In India, total Swine population, while small has grown consistently over the last years. India is not a large producer of pork products because of backyard operations, limited commercial farming but government is taking up steps to improve the swine health.
The Global Swine Health market is segmented by disease (FMD, paracites, mange mites, lice, roundworms), by diagnostics (Enzyme Linked Sorbent Assay (ELISA), Rapid Immuno migration (RIM), and Agar Gel Immuno diffusion (AGID)), by molecular diagnostic tests (PCR, diagnostic imaging, ultrasound imaging, MRI), by genetics and by geography, the market is divided into North America, Asia-Pacific (APAC), Europe, South America, Middleeast and Africa (MEA).
Increase in pet ownership, improved nutrition, intensifying consumer focus on food safety, greater livestock production rates and increasing foodborne diseases are the major factors contributing to the growth of the swine Health market.
However, scarcity of arable land and water, increased competition for cultivated land and cost effective production are the factors hindering the growth of the market.
What the report offers
1. Market Definition for the Global Swine Health Market along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2. Market analysis for the Global Swine Health Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5. Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Swine Health Market on both global and regional scale.
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received
- Study deliverables
- Market Definition
- Sizing Units
- Base Currency
- Review and Forecast period
- General Study Assumptions
- Research Methodology
- Analysis Methodology
- Econometric Forecast
- Research Assumptions
- Executive Summary
- Market Overview and Industry Trends
- Current Market Senario
- Swine Healthcare Overview
- New Developments
- Industry Value chain analysis
- Porter's Five Forces
- Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- Bargaining Power of Consumers
- Threat to new entrants
- Threat to substitute products and services
- Competitive Rivalry within the industry
- Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities
- Market Drivers
- Increase in pet ownership
- Improved Nutrition
- Intensifying consumer focus on food safety
- Greater Livestock production
- Increasing Zoonotic and Foodborne Diseases
- Market Restraints
- Scarcity of arable land and water
- Increased competition for cultivated land
- Cost effective production
- Key Challenges
- Current Opportunities in the Market
- Global Swine healthcare market, by disease
- Mange mites
- Global Swine healthcare market, by Diagnostics
- Immunodiagnostic Tests
- Enzyme linked immuno-sorbent assay (ELISA)
- Rapid Immuno Migration (RIM™)
- Agar gel immuno-diffusion (AGID)
- Molecular Diagnostic Tests
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Ultrasound Imaging
- MRI Scanning
- Global Swine healthcare market, by Genetics
- Global Swine healthcare market, by Geography
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Spain & Portugal
- Asia-Pacific (APAC)
- Australia & Newzealand
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Middle-East and Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Competitive Landscape
- Merger and acquisition analysis
- New Product Launches
- Agreements, Collaborations and Parterships
- Key Vendor Analysis
- Merck Animal Healthcare
- Ceva Animal Health, Inc
- Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health
- Analyst outlook for Investment opportunities
- Future Outlook of the market