Market demand for years 2012, 2016, 2017 and forecasts for years 2018, 2019 and 2020. Company market shares and brands for 2018 and continuously updated.
10 Individual Product Markets in each country covered: Frozen pastry products, Frozen fruit, Frozen vegetables, Frozen potato, Ice cream, Frozen soup, Frozen convenience meat, Frozen fish, Frozen pizza, Frozen ready meals.
24 Country Markets: Austria, Belgium/Lux, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom (excludes 3 Baltic States and Slovenia).
240 Product and Country Markets - being 10 Single Product Markets (Market Groups not counted) times 24 countries above.
An ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION matching the data in the Report is also available to the researcher's continously updated online database for 5 User Accounts, includng PDF and EXCEL tables.
A complete quantitative, hard data demand and supply analysis of final human consumption in the country and product markets covered. All product markets are carefully defined so as to be comparable across all countries.
240 markets, 1121 companies and 1924 company market shares and brands are assessed by country, company and product for your business planning, marketing campaigns and merger & acquisition projects. Own label, branded, unbranded and artisanal shares are also provided.
Based on the researcher's international food and drink markets database, now in its 26th year, the report includes (see detailed Table of Contents for more):
- Separate Foodservice and Retail Market data are given by volume and value, and by product and country, hence providing complete coverage of the final human consumption
- Up to the Top-10 holding companies by market share by product, country and region
- A complete alphabetic listing of all holding companies together with their key subsidiaries, market shares, and brands by product and country.
- Own label, branded, unbranded and artisanal market shares
A unique strategic vision of the 24-country European market is presented, in particular identifying the numerous companies present together with their market shares and major brands by country and product. Standard data tables for each product provide a 24-country panorama of companies' strengths (market shares by country and for the region) and presence (number of country and product markets in which present).
Why You Should Buy this Report:
This report entails a fully up-to-date mapping of the market providing valuable support to strategic marketing decisions, in particular regarding:
- Strategic Planning
- Marketing & Sales
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Market Opportunities & Risks
- Companies Strengths & Weaknesses
For Each and Every Product Covered in Each Country:
Retail, Foodservice and Total Historical and Forecast Demand - by volume and by value for 2012, 2016 and 2017 , as well as forecasts for 2018, 2019 and 2020.
Historical Trend - % growth by volume and value for 2012 - 2017.
Forecast Growth - % growth by volume and value for 2018 - 2020
Supply structure in each product and in each country in 2018: producer shares, own label share, branded share, unbranded share and artisanal share (own made for own sale, e.g. independent bakers).
Major brands listed by country, product, holding or independent companies and subsidiaries.
All holding companies identified are listed alphabetically with their key subsidiaries by country, detailing the product markets in which the latest market shares have been identified. The overall share in the market covered is provided. The estimated percent contribution of each product to final (retail + foodservice) sales is also provided.
The report is produced at time of order from the updated database, and consists essentially of hard data provided in the form of flow charts and data tables.
The standard PDF report delivered by e-mail can be printed and then photocopied recto-verso, and is designed to then drop into a 4-ring folder as a complete report, including cover, table of contents, etc. Electronic Excel file can be provided on request.
Any combination of countries, products and demand and supply data possible.
Almost 150 products and product categories covered in each of these countries:
Europe, including Western and Central Europe, Russia and Turkey, 24 countries covered.
North America: Canada, Mexico, USA.
The BRIC countries: Brazil, China, India and Russia
Number of pages: 725
Products covered and definition of each product: Frozen Foods
- Frozen pastry products (1.6) - Frozen cakes and pastries and other frozen bakery products, raw dough, excluding frozen pizzas, excluding industrial raw dough for in-store bake-off.
- Frozen fruit (6.3) - Frozen fruit.
- Frozen vegetables (6.6) - Frozen vegetables (excluding frozen potatoes)
- Frozen potato (7.3) - Frozen potato (i.e. French fries) and other frozen potato products (eg croquettes, pommes dauphine, duchesse).
- Ice cream (9.1) - Dairy/non-dairy ice cream and sorbets, industrial and artisanal (including estimates of underrecorded artisanal), soft ice.
- Frozen soup (12.3) - Frozen soups.
- Frozen convenience meat (13.22) - Frozen convenience meat: hamburgers, meat balls, sausages, nuggets, including pork and poultry products, excluding cooked meat.
- Frozen fish (14.3) - Frozen convenience fish (breaded, prepared), including seafood and molluscs [Spain includes unprepared frozen fish]. In CEE, includes frozen fillet fish, and excludes frozen fish without head but with all bones.
- Frozen pizza (15.4) - Frozen pizza.
- Frozen ready meals (15.5) - Frozen ready meals (meat, fish, pasta and vegetable-based), including cooked prepared meat, excluding frozen pizza.
Report: The Frozen Foods Market in Europe (24 countries) Edition 2018
Table of Contents
For each of the products covered (listed above) and in each of the countries covered (listed above), as well as for the aggregate data for the entire market covered, the following information is provided:
Tracking of Major Suppliers, Demand and Distribution Channels
- Historical Demand in 2012, 2016, 2017 (in volume)
- Historical Demand in 2012, 2016, 2017 (in value)
- Forecast Demand 2018, 2019 & 2020 (in volume)
- Forecast Demand 2018, 2019 & 2020 (in value)
- Historical 5-year growth rates 2012 - 2017 (in volume)
- Historical 5-year growth rates, 2012 - 2017 (in value)
- Breakdown between Foodservice and Retail Market in 2017 (in volume)
- Breakdown between Foodservice and Retail Market in 2017 (in value)
- Per capita consumption in retail, foodservice and total market, 2017 (in volume)
- Per capita expenditure in retail, foodservice and total market, 2017 (in value)
- Strategic Assessment: percentage represented by theCountry product market from the regional product market.
- Definition: 2018 Company Market Shares given for the Total Market (retail, foodservice and artisanal).
- Updating: underlying food and drink database updated regularly, including for Mergers & Acquisitions
- Supplier market shares (usually up to 10 shares cited by product and in eachCountry)
- Who Owns Whom: Key Local Subsidiaries of each Ultimate Holding Company
- Distribution Channels % Shares: Branded, Unbranded, Own (Private) Label and Artisanal (own-produced for own sale, e.g. bakers)
- Major Brands for the suppliers cited
- Company Market Shares and Rankings within the aggregate market covered by the report
- List of all Holding Companies identified for this market covered
- Who Owns Whom: All Key Local Subsidiaries identified
- Major Brands by Holding Company and Key Subsidiary
- General: Market data refer to all products sold for final human consumption in retail, foodservice and artisanal markets (own-produced for own sale, e.g. independent bakers), thus excluding industrial and intermediate consumption, and auto-consumption.
- Product: All product markets are carefully defined so as to be comparable across all countries. Special cases in a few country and product markets are specified.
- Prices: Retail prices (including VAT, excise and other indirect taxes) and foodservice buy-in prices are applied throughout.
- Company Market Shares: These are expressed as a percentage of the total retail and foodservice market by value.