However, the company believes that its strengths and expertise are in contract garment manufacturing. TAL Group has an output of over 54 mn pieces a year and in 2003 it had an annual turnover of US$600 mn. The group employs around 23,000 people at its garment plants in China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Taiwan, and Thailand.
For the last ten years, TAL Group has been producing large quantities of garments at its factory in China, which employs over 5,000 people. The group plans to establish a second Chinese plant in the near future.
This report is taken from a larger publication 'Textile Outlook International'. Six times a year, Textile Outlook International provides over 120 pages of expert comment and analysis, including:
- regular updates on world textile and apparel trade and production trends;
- profiles of textile and apparel companies and countries around the world;
- business opportunities in the global market place;
- political implications and information on trade blocs, tariffs and quotas;
- and innovations and technological developments in the industry.
What makes this product indispensable?
Executives in the worldwide textile and apparel industry know that it is simply not possible to view developments in one region in isolation from those in another. Textile Outlook International provides a truly independent and worldwide perspective. Drawing on its worldwide network of expert contributors, Textile Outlook International supports your decision making with effective research, analysis and forecasts.
- Where will the major markets be in the future?
- What products will they be demanding?
- Who will be your future competitors?
- Which key developments will affect your business?
For further details of the larger publication 'Textile Outlook International' please search our site for further details.
Key success factors
Value added services
Elimination of quotas
The China operation
Treatments following making up
Garment delivery and logistics
List of tables
Table 1: TAL Group: list of companies by country
Table 2: TAL Group: workforce and size of operations, 2003
Table 3: TAL Group: annual production capacity, 2003