As a result of the region’s shifting trends, from 2013 to 2017 Asia Pacific is likely to expand its share in the global freight forwarding market while at the same time Europe and North America are likely to experience declines.
With this in mind, and with the prospect of considerable investment in the region’s infrastructure, logistics providers are eagerly looking to take advantage of these changes by expanding their presence in this region..
What will you learn from Asia Pacific Transport & Logistics 2014?
- A summary of market trends and developments.
- An insight into the growth of Asia Pacific intra-regional trade.
- Market size and growth rates as well as forecasts for the contact logistics, express and freight forwarding sectors in the region as well as key individual markets.
- A comprehensive overview into the transport infrastructure of individual countries, including emerging economies through details and unique illustrative maps.
- The influence and trade patterns on the logistics industry across the region and how new partnerships are developing.
- An understanding of the dynamics of each individual country’s logistics markets.
- Analysis of logistics providers’ financial performance and strategic developments in the region.
It is forecasted that by 2017 Asia Pacific will account for over one third of the global contract logistics market and will likely expand its share of the global freight forwarding market - at the same time Europe and North America will likely see market share declines.
As market growth gains momentum, considerable investment in infrastructure projects continues throughout the region to meet the growing needs of both domestic, cross-border and international demand.
The investment in the re-emergence of the famed ‘Silk Road’ route connecting Asia Pacific with the Middle East and East Africa is just one such development that signals the progression of the region’s supply chain requirements.
1.1 Key Findings
2.1.1 Intra-Asia Trade
18.104.22.168 ASEAN Economic Community
2.1.2 International Trade
22.214.171.124 Trans-Pacific Partnership
2.1.3 Changing Trade Patterns
126.96.36.199 Middle East
188.8.131.52 Latin America
3.0 Logistics Markets and Overviews
3.1 Contract Logistics
3.1.2 Market Size and Forecast
3.1.3 Market Size by Country
184.108.40.206 China, Japan and India
3.1.4 Leading Contract Logistics Providers
220.127.116.11 Market Shares
3.2 Express and Small Parcel
3.2.2 Market Size and Forecast
3.2.6 Southeast Asia
3.3 Freight Forwarding
3.3.2 Market Size and Forecast
3.3.3 Market Size by Country
4.0 Country Profiles
4.1 Agility Emerging Markets Logistics Index
4.1.1 Agility Emerging Markets Logistics Index for Countries with GDP more or less than US$300bn
4.3 Brunei Darussalam
4.4.1 Emerging Markets Logistics Index
4.5.1 Emerging Markets Logistics Index
4.6.2 Emerging Markets Logistics Index
4.7 Hong Kong
4.8.2 Emerging Markets Logistics Index
4.9.2 Emerging Markets Logistics Index
4.12.2 Emerging Markets Logistics Index
4.15 New Zealand
4.0 Country Profiles (cont’d.)
4.16.2 Emerging Markets Logistics Index
4.17.2 Emerging Markets Logistics Index
4.19 South Korea
4.20 Sri Lanka
4.20.2 Emerging Markets Logistics Index
4.22.2 Emerging Markets Logistics Index
4.23.2 Emerging Markets Logistics Index
5.0 Provider Profiles
5.1 Logistics Providers Geographic Presence in Asia Pacific
5.5 DB Schenker
5.6 Deutsche Post DHL
5.8 Kerry Logistics Network Limited
5.9 Kintetsu Worldwide Express
5.10 Kuehne + Nagel
5.11 Nippon Express
5.14 TNT Express
5.15 Toll Group
5.17 Yusen Logistics
6.1 Contract Logistics Market Size by Country
6.2 Express and Small Parcel Market Size by Country
6.3 Freight Forwarding Market Size by Country
6.4 Emerging Markets Logistics Index Methodology
- DB Schenker
- Deutsche Post DHL
- Kerry Logistics Network Limited
- Kintetsu Worldwide Express
- Kuehne + Nagel
- Nippon Express
- TNT Express
- Toll Group
- Yusen Logistics