Bottled water sales in the Asia/Middle East region have more than doubled in the past five years. Growth has been spectacular in a number of countries, with bottled water fast becoming the norm for in home and on the move hydration.
Both regions offer differing opportunities and challenges. Asian markets are often young and emerging, with evolving distribution structures and a rapid influx of new players. There is also great potential for sustained growth in countries such as India and Pakistan, which have large populations but low bottled water penetration. The Middle East, though with some new emerging markets, is generally characterised by a mature and well-established bottled water industry.
Zenith International reports offer you the most reliable market figures and in-depth analysis of trends. This comes from a bottom up approach to the research process, and detailed discussions undertaken with industry players.
Zenith's International 2005 Asia/Middle East Bottled Water Report is broken down into 3 main sections:-
1. Executive summary, incorporating overall market and regional analysis to 2004, key trends and indicators, with forecasts to 2009.
2. Comprehensive tables look closely at the market and each segment, covering – consumption, market value, packaging segments, leading companies and forecasts to 2009.
3. In depth country profiles cover (1) market indicators – geography, economy, demographics, water and income distribution; (2) market summary – bottled water consumption, value, average consumer prices (3) leading companies – overall company and brand volumes, and company volumes in sizes over 10 litres (4) full market commentary – market overview, industry structure, economic outlook and future market opportunities.
SECTION 1 - EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
Consumption per person
Leading countries by volume
Key growth countries
Highest consuming countries
Future trends and issues
SECTION 2 - TABLES
1 Bottled water market volume by country, 1999-2004
2 Bottled water growth rates by country, 2000-2004
3 Bottled water overall volume shares by country, 2000-2004
4 Bottled water regional volume shares by country, 2000-2004
5 Bottled water per person by country, 1999-2004
6 Bottled water market value by country, 2003-2004
7 Bottled water average price by country, 2003-2004
8 Largest bottled water markets by region, 1999-2004
9 Highest consuming countries by region, 1999-2004
10 Sparkling water volume by country, 1999-2004
11 Still water volume by country, 1999-2004 30
12 Still water up to 2 litres by country, 1999-2004
13 Still water 2.1 to 10 litres by country, 1999-2004
14 Still water packaged over 10 litres by country, 1999-2004
15 Sparkling water penetration of total by country, 1999-2004
16 Still water penetration of total by country, 1999-2004
17 Still up to 2 litres penetration of total by country, 1999-2004
18 Still 2.1 to 10 litres penetration of total by country, 1999-2004
19 Still over 10 litres penetration of total by country, 1999-2004
20 Leading national companies by region, 2004
21 Bottled water market volume forecast by country, 2004-2009
22 Bottled water forecast growth rates by country, 2004-2009
23 Bottled water forecast per person by country, 2004-2009
SECTION 3 - COUNTRY PROFILES
Each country profile consists of four sections:
- Market indicators - geography, economy, demographics, water, income distribution
- Market summary - volume, value, average consumer price, 000 units
- Leading companies - million litres, 000 units
- Market commentary - market overview, industry structure, economic outlook, market opportunities
United Arab Emirates
SECTION 4 - APPENDICES
1 Definitions and symbols
2 Population by country, 1999-2004
3 Population forecast by country, 2004-2009