This Qualification helps ensure staff are working to up-to-date standards and best practices within their field, whilst gaining internationally recognised and respected qualifications, with no requirement to have already completed other formal qualifications.
There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, however it is highly recommended that students have an existing underpinning knowledge of safety issues or have completed a NEBOSH Certificate level qualification previously.
The examination is comprised of one 2-hour written papers which consists of one 'long-answer' question and ten 'short-answer' questions. All questions are compulsory.
- Learning from Incidents
- Hazards inherent in oil and gas
- Risk management techniques used in the oil and gas industries
- Safety cases and safety reports
ELEMENT 2: Hydrocarbon Process Safety 1
- Contractor management
- Process safety management (PSM)
- Role and purpose of a 'permit-to-work' system
- Key principles of shift handover
- Plant operations and maintenance
ELEMENT 3: Hydrocarbon Process Safety 2
- Failure modes
- Safety critical equipment controls
- Safe storage of hydrocarbons
- Furnace and boiler operations
ELEMENT 4: Fire Protection and Emergency Response
- Fire and explosion risk in the oil and gas industries
- Emergency response
ELEMENT 5: Logistics and Transport Operations
- Marine transport
- Land transport