- Over-the-top (OTT) video services is considered a complementary entertainment option and is already widespread in Latin America; however, this industry still has growth opportunities.
- TV operators reported a loss of over million subscribers in 2015, which leads to restraints against OTT video services. These operators already account for million subscribers in the region.
- Most consumers, however, are not cancelling their TV operators’ plans because of OTT services. Consumers are downgrading their existing plans once they see OTT video is a complementary service.
- Growing demand for access to entertainment at any time and on any device is one of the biggest drivers for the OTT video services market. Another key factor is price, which is lower than a more complete paid-TV subscription.
- The personal computer (PC) remains the most-used device to watch online content by Latin American viewers, although smartphones and tablets are close to reaching the same level.
- The Latin American OTT video services market alone was worth $756 million in 2015, with a growth of almost 60% from 2012 to 2015
- Key Findings
- Research Objectives, Scope, and Methodology
- Market Overview - Definitions
- Market Overview - The OTT Video Ecosystem
4.The Latin American Perspective
- The Latin American Perspective - Internet VOD Subscribers
- The Latin American Perspective - Overview
- Market Drivers
- Drivers Explained
- Market Restraints
- Restraints Explained
- Selected Case Studies - Netflix
- Selected Case Studies - Clarovideo
- Selected Case Studies - HBO NOW
- The Last Word - Winning Strategies
- Legal Disclaimer