1. Nucleation rate of capillary bridges between multi-asperity surfaces;
2. High resolution position monitoring of suspended MEMS towards biological and chemical sensors;
3. Low temperature fabrication and surface modification methods for fused silica micro- and nanochannels;
4. Flexible surface acoustic wave devices and its applications in microfluidics;
5. Modeling of a MEMS floating element shear sensor;
6. Submicron displacement measurements of MEMS using optical microphotographs in aqueous media: enhancement using color image processing;
7. Low temperature preparation of KNbO3 films by hydrothermal method and their characterization;
8. Self-tensioning support post design to control residual stress in MEMS fixed-fixed beams;
9. Controlling environment and contact materials to optimize ohmic microrelay lifetimes;
10. Development of a photoresponsive and electrostrictive material from P(VDF-TrFE-CFE) and TiOPc composite;
11. Flexible surface acoustic wave based temperature and humidity sensors;
Part II - Nanoscale Systems:
12. 'Seeing' the resonant SPP modes confined in metal nanocavity via cathodoluminescence spectroscopy;
13. Eu-doping induced improvement on the second harmonic generation of ZnO nanowires;
14. Examining the crystal growth that influences the electronic device output from vertical arrays of ZnO nanowires;
15. Single-walled carbon nanotube growth with narrow diameter distribution from Pt catalysts by alcohol gas source method;
16. Fabrication and characterization of solution-processed carbon nanotube supercapacitors;
17. Origin of hysteresis in carbon nanotube field-effect transistors;
18. Anatase TiO2 nanowires, thin films, and surfaces: ab initio studies of electronic properties and non-adiabatic excited state dynamics;
19. Localization of excitons in thin-core multi-shell quantum well tubes;
20. Tuning band energies in a combined axial and radial GaAs/GaP heterostructure;
21. Raman spectroscopy in group IV nanowires and nanowire axial heterostructures;
22. Novel TEM sample preparation using XeF2 selective etching;
23. Magnetic field assisted electrospinning of nanofibers using solutions with PVDF and Fe3O4 nanoparticles;
24. Enhanced capacitive properties of manganese dioxide nanowires coating with polyaniline by in situ polymerization;
25. Structural stability of iron oxide nanotubes and an enhancement of photo induced current detected in the complex with fullerenols;
26. High throughput synthesis of ceramic nanofibers;
27. VLS growth of position-controlled InP nanowires and formation of radial heterostructures on mask-patterned InP substrates;
28. TiO2 nanowires as a wide bandgap Dirac material: a numerical study of impurity scattering and Anderson disorder;
29. Ultraviolet photodetector fabricated from 3D WO3 nanowires/reduced graphene oxide composite material;
30. Effects of coulomb impurity in semiconductor nanowire;
31. Observation of pseudoelastic behavior in large Cu-Ni composite multilayer nanowires;
32. Transparent conductive three-layered composite films based on carbon nanotubes with improved mechanical stability;
33. Low cost scalable self-assembly of silver nanowire thin films for surface enhanced Raman scattering application;
34. Material prospects of reconfigurable transistors (RFETs) – from silicon to germanium nanowires.
Robert N. Candler University of California, Los Angeles.
Frank W. DelRio National Institute of Standards and Technology, Maryland.
Anna Fontcuberta i Morral
Chennupati Jagadish Australian National University, Canberra.
Helena Silva University of Connecticut.
Qihua Xiong Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.