Stevia Rebaudiana are leaves containing sweetening compounds and are also called as sweet leaves and candy leaves. Stevia Rebaudiana is not chemically processed and also have various advantages. These does not contain any carbohydrates and calories, this being the important reason on the increased usage of stevia. The market for Stevia was valued at $476.46 million in 2020 and is estimated to reach by $781.61 million in 2025 with a projected CAGR of 8.6%. China has been the largest producer of stevia followed by the U.S. In terms of consumption, APAC is the largest consumer of stevia followed by the North American region.
Stevia Rebaudiana Market Outlook:
Stevia Rebaudiana has two sweetening agents namely steviosides and rebaudiosides. Rebaudioside is the major ingredient that is responsible for the major sweetness. Rebaudiana is more expensive due to its further processing and filtration. Stevia leaves can be directly added to the beverages or could be added that is in the powder form. A liquid form of stevia is also available that could be added in the beverages. These are also used in pharmaceuticals as suppressing agents. These also help in treating diabetes and also help in lowering the blood pressure.
The cost for Stevia Rebaudiana of 1kg is around $90-$100.
Stevia Rebaudiana Market Growth drivers:
The relentless rise in the number of obesity and diabetes cases around the world is a major driver for the stevia market. This is used as a substitute to the sugar and also has low calories and carbohydrates content in it. Stevia is being recommended by the doctors in preponderance for lowering the sugar levels. Stevia Rebaudiana is approved globally as a low calorie sweetening agent and is being used by many food and beverages industry which is also a major driver for the stevia market. The continuous innovations in Reb D and Reb M by the manufacturers for producing zero calories is also driving the market.
Stevia Rebaudiana Market Challenges:
The major challenge in the Stevia Rebaudiana market is its high price. Its prices are relatively high compared to sugar. It gives a bitter aftertaste after its consumption and also has certain side effects up on its consumption. The side effects include nausea, bloating and few more which is also a challenge for the Stevia Rebaudiana Market. The increase in the dosage of stevia had effects on pregnancy, contraception and fertility which is also a discernible challenge in the market.
Stevia Rebaudiana Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2020, with forecast done up to 2025. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the Superabsorbent Market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the types of plastics in the electric vehicle market, and their specific applications in different types of vehicles.
Stevia Rebaudiana Market Report: Industry Coverage
- Stevia Rebaudiana Market– By Constituents: Stevioside and Rebaudioside
- Stevia Rebaudiana Market– By Form: Powder, Liquid.
- Stevia Rebaudiana Market– By Type: Stevia leaves, stevia extracts and stevia blends.
- Stevia Rebaudiana Market– By Packaging: Bags, sachets, pouches, cans, bottles.
- Stevia Rebaudiana Market– By Application: Flavor enhancers, suppressing agents, heat resistant agents and others
- Stevia Rebaudiana Market– By End-user industry: Food and beverages industry, Pharmaceuticals industry, Cosmetics industry
The Superabsorbent Market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions.
The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
- South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
- APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
- Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Stevia Rebaudiana Market Key Players Perspective:
Some of the Key players in this market that have been studied for this report include: Cargill Incorporated, Golden Omega S.A, Croda International Plc, Omega Protein Corporation, FMC Corporation and many more.
Market Research and Market Trends of Stevia Rebaudiana Market
- Cargill Incorporated, a key player in the Stevia Rebaudiana Market has started producing EverSweet™ sweetener commercially which provides much healthy options. This product is a zero-calorie sweetener and is made from the sweet compounds Rebaudiana M and Rebaudiana D that is present in the stevia leaf.
- PureCircle, stevia producing company, headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, had found high content of proteins, fibers and antioxidants in stevia after its extensive research and development activities on stevia plant. The company has also decided to plant 16,000 tons of stevia in 2020 which is a 200% increase from the year 2020 due to its high demand in the food and beverages industry.
- GLG LifeTech Corporation, world’s leading producer of zero-calorie sweeteners has made a new partnership with Archer Daniels Midland Company, a food processing company to manufacture, sell and distribute stevia sweeteners to the customers.
- Coca-Cola has also shown keen interest on the usage of stevia in their products. It has launched Coca-Cola Stevia in New Zealand which has 35% less sugar content than the previous Coca-Cola products. Steviol Glycoside, a leaf extract of Stevia is being used in this product along with the sugar.
Table of Contents
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4.4. Porters five force model
4.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
4.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
4.4.3. Threat of new entrants
4.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
4.4.5. Threat of substitutes
5.2. Opportunities analysis
5.3. Product life cycle
6.2. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
6.3. Product Segment Analysis by Type
8.2. Stevia extracts
8.3. Stevia blends
10.2. Suppressing agents
10.3. Heat resistant agents
11.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
11.3. Product Segment Analysis
11.3.1. Food & Beverages industry
11.3.2. Pharmaceuticals industry
11.3.3. Cosmetics industry
12.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
12.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.2.2. Revenue and Trends
12.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
126.96.36.199. Rest of North America
12.3. Stevia Rebaudiana Market- South America Segment Research
12.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.4.2. Revenue and Trends
12.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
188.8.131.52. Costa Rica
184.108.40.206. Rest of South America
12.5. Stevia Rebaudiana Market- Europe Segment Research
12.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.6.2. Revenue and Trends
12.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
220.127.116.11. Rest of Europe
12.7. Stevia Rebaudiana Market– APAC Segment Research
12.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.8.2. Revenue and Trends
12.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
18.104.22.168. South Korea
22.214.171.124. Hong Kong
126.96.36.199. Rest of APAC
12.9. Stevia Rebaudiana Market– Middle East Segment and Africa Segment Research
12.10. Middle East & Africa Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.10.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.10.2. Revenue and Trend Analysis
12.10.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.10.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.10.5. Middle East Segment Product type and Application Market Size
188.8.131.52. Saudi Arabia
12.10.6. Africa Segment Analysis
184.108.40.206. South Africa
220.127.116.11. Rest of Middle East & Africa
13.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
14.2. Cargill Incorporated
14.3. Golden Omega S.A
14.4. Croda International Plc
14.5. Omega Protein Corporation
14.6. FMC Corporation