Open source intelligence (OSINT) and web reconnaissance are rich topics for infosec professionals looking for the best ways to sift through the abundance of information widely available online. In many cases, the first stage of any security assessment-that is, reconnaissance-is not given enough attention by security professionals, hackers, and penetration testers. Often, the information openly present is as critical as the confidential data.
Hacking Web Intelligence shows you how to dig into the Web and uncover the information many don't even know exists. The book takes a holistic approach that is not only about using tools to find information online but also how to link all the information and transform it into presentable and actionable intelligence. You will also learn how to secure your information online to prevent it being discovered by these reconnaissance methods.
Hacking Web Intelligence is an in-depth technical reference covering the methods and techniques you need to unearth open source information from the Internet and utilize it for the purpose of targeted attack during a security assessment. This book will introduce you to many new and leading-edge reconnaissance, information gathering, and open source intelligence methods and techniques, including metadata extraction tools, advanced search engines, advanced browsers, power searching methods, online anonymity tools such as TOR and i2p, OSINT tools such as Maltego, Shodan, Creepy, SearchDiggity, Recon-ng, Social Network Analysis (SNA), Darkweb/Deepweb, data visualization, and much more.
- Provides a holistic approach to OSINT and Web recon, showing you how to fit all the data together into actionable intelligence
- Focuses on hands-on tools such as TOR, i2p, Maltego, Shodan, Creepy, SearchDiggity, Recon-ng, FOCA, EXIF, Metagoofil, MAT, and many more
- Covers key technical topics such as metadata searching, advanced browsers and power searching, online anonymity, Darkweb / Deepweb, Social Network Analysis (SNA), and how to manage, analyze, and visualize the data you gather
- Includes hands-on technical examples and case studies, as well as a Python chapter that shows you how to create your own information-gathering tools and modify existing APIs
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
- How the Web Really Works
- Meta Searching/Advance Search Engines
- Advanced Browsers
- Power Searching
- Online Anonymity
- What is OSINT/WEBINT?
- OSINT Tools and Techniques
- Manage/Analyze/Visualize DATA
- Online Security and Defense
- Social Network Analysis (SNA)
- Python Basics
- Case Studies, Examples, and Scenarios
- Related Topics of Interest
Sudhanshu Chauhan is an information security professional and OSINT specialist. He has worked in the information security industry, previously as Senior security analyst at iViZ and currently as Director and Principal Consultant at Octogence Tech Solutions, a penetration testing consultancy. He previously worked at the National Informatics Center in New Delhi developing web applications to prevent threats. He has a B.Tech (CSE) from Amity School of Engineering and Diploma in Cyber Security. He has been listed in various Hall of Fame such as Adobe, eBay, Yandex, and Freelancer. Sudhanshu has also written various articles on a wide range of topics including Cyber Threats, Vulnerability Assessment, Honeypots, and Metadata.
Panda, Nutan Kumar
An Information Security professional with expertise in the field of Application and Network Security. He has completed his B.Tech (IT) and has also earned various prestigious Certifications in his domain such as CEH, CCNA etc. Apart from performing security assessments he has also been involved in conducting / imparting information security training. He has been listed in various prestigious Hall of Fame such as Google, Microsoft, Yandex etc. and has also written various articles / technical papers.