Your complete guide to preparing for the LPIC–1 Linux Professional Institute Certification Exams 101–400 and 102–400
The LPIC–1 Linux Professional Institute Certification Study Guide, 4th Edition is your one–stop resource for complete coverage of Exams 101–400 and 102– 400. This Sybex Study Guide covers 100% of all exam 101–400 and 102–400 objectives. You′ll prepare for the exams smarter and faster with Sybex thanks to superior content including, assessment tests that check exam readiness, objective map, real–world scenarios, hands–on exercises, key topic exam essentials, and challenging chapter review questions. Reinforce what you have learned with the exclusive Sybex online learning environment, assessable across multiple devices. Get prepared for the LPIC–1 Exams 101–400 and 102–400 with Sybex.
Coverage of 100% of all exam objectives in this Study Guide means you′ll be ready for:
- Managing Software
- Configuring Hardware
- Managing Files
- Booting Linux and Editing Files
- Configuring the X Window System
- Configuring Basic Networking
- Writing Scripts, Configuring Email, and Using Databases
Covers 100% of exam objectives, including system architecture, GNU and UNIX commands, shells, scripting, and data management, administrative tasks, system services, networking, and much more...
Includes interactive online learning environment with:
- Custom practice exams
- 150 electronic flashcards
- Searchable key term glossary
Interactive learning environment
Take your exam prep to the next level with Sybex′s superior interactive online tools. To access the learning environment, simply visit: [external URL] type in your unique PIN and instantly gain access to:
- Interactive online learning environment and test bank covering both LPIC–1 exams, including 200 chapter review questions and two 50–question bonus exams.
- 150 Electronic Flashcards to reinforce learning and provide last minute prep before the exam.
- Comprehensive searchable glossary in PDF format gives you instant access to the key terms so you are fully prepared.
Assessment Test xxxvii
Answers to the Assessment Test xliv
Part I Exam 101–400 1
Chapter 1 Exploring Linux Command–Line Tools 3
Chapter 2 Managing Software 47
Chapter 3 Configuring Hardware 107
Chapter 4 Managing Files 177
Chapter 5 Booting Linux and Editing Files 233
Part II Exam 102–400 277
Chapter 6 Configuring the X Window System, Localization, and Printing 279
Chapter 7 Administering the System 343
Chapter 8 Configuring Basic Networking 407
Chapter 9 Writing Scripts, Configuring Email, and Using Databases 453
Chapter 10 Securing Your System 523
Appendix Answers 575