Foundations of Strategy, Second Edition is a concise text aimed at both undergraduate and Masters students. Written in an accessible style with the needs of these students in mind, the latest edition has a clear, comprehensive approach, underlined by sound theoretical depth. The content has been fully revised and updated to reflect recent developments in the business environment and strategy research.
Features of the text include:
- 10 chapters covering all the topics in a typical one–semester course.
- Concise and integrated treatment of strategy implementation focusing on strategy in practice.
- Integration of the not–for–profit sector.
- Opening and closing chapter case studies covering a range of real–world, global examples.
- Featured Example and Case Insight boxes throughout chapters to give an additional dimension to the subject matter.
An extensive range of learning and teaching materials accompany this text including instructor manual, case teaching notes, test bank and PowerPoint slides, for instructors. Resources for students include self–test quizzes and glossary flashcards to check understanding. Access the full resources online at [external URL]
Preface to 2nd edition ix
Preface to 1st edition x
Online teaching and learning resources xi
Case list xii
1 The concept of strategy 1
2 Industry analysis 39
3 Resources and capabilities 81
4 The nature and sources of competitive advantage 119
5 Industry evolution and strategic change 151
6 Technology]based industries and the management of innovation 193
7 Corporate strategy 233
8 Global strategies and the multinational corporation 271
9 Realizing strategy 309
10 Current trends in strategic management 343