The Indian faucets industry has come a long way as faucets have evolved in the country from being perceived as a basic functional product to a fashion and style statement. Over the years, growth in real estate industry, increase in disposable income, changes in consumers' preferences and lifestyle, and exposure to international brands have given a boost to the faucets industry.
- The faucets industry in India, valued at INR 50bn (~USD0.83bn) in FY 2014, has been growing at a CAGR of ~15% over the last three years. It is estimated that the industry will be worth nearly INR 105bn (~USD 1.74bn) by FY 2019, growing at a CAGR of ~16%.
- The industry is dominated by unorganized players. However, their share is expected to decrease in the coming years, primarily due to increasing brand awareness among consumers and their preference shifting towards high end faucets.
- Bathroom faucets is the most dominant category, with the residential sector being the biggest consumer of faucets
- Latest trends witnessed in the industry reveal that organized players are increasing their focus on tier 2 and tier 3 cities
The report includes profiles of the top-5 players with an overview of their service offerings, key financial ratios, expansion strategies, etc.
1 Industry structure
1.1 Faucets industry structure
1.2 Evolution of faucets industry in India
1.3 Industry definition
1.4 Industry supply chain
2 Industry overview
2.1 Market size & growth
2.2 Industry segmentation by product category
2.3 Industry segmentation by products
2.4 Industry segmentation by end-users
2.5 Industry segmentation – tier I, tier II and tier III markets
2.6 Geographical analysis
2.7 Price analysis
3 Driver and inhibitors
3.1 Snapshot of drivers & inhibitors
3.2 Growth in real estate industry
3.2.1 Growth in residential sector
3.2.2 Growth in commercial sector and hospitality industry
3.3 Rise in disposable income and consumption
3.4 Rapidly growing urbanization trend
3.5 Government’s initiative: Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
3.6 Land acquisition issues
3.7 Lack of penetration in small cities and rural India
4 Industry trends
4.1 Recent trends witnessed
5 Industry analysis
5.1 Porter’s analysis of faucets industry in India
5.2 Industry attractiveness index 6 Competitive environment
6 Competitive environment
6.1 Faucets industry segmentation: Organized vs. unorganized
6.2 Market share of key players
6.3 Manufacturing landscape
6.4 Competitor benchmarking
7 Profiles of key players
7.1 Profile I – Jaquar & Company Pvt. Ltd.
7.2 Profile II – Grohe India Pvt. Ltd.
7.3 Profile III – Ess Ess Bathroom Products Pvt. Ltd.
7.4 Profile IV – HSIL Ltd.
7.5 Profile V – Kohler India Corporation Pvt. Ltd.
8 Annexure & Appendix
8.1 Real estate industry in India
8.2 Increase in urbanization
8.3 Research Methodology
8.4 Abbreviations & Bibliography
- The faucets industry in India was valued at INR 50bn in FY 2014, and has been growing at a CAGR of 15% for the last three years. The industry is expected to grow at CAGR of ~16% over the next five years.
- The industry is dominated by unorganized players contributing to about 52% of the total market
- In the organized sector, Jaquar & Company and Grohe India are the market leaders, contributing to ~70% of the total organized segment
- The growing real estate industry including the residential, commercial and hospitality segments, increasing disposable incomes, a steady rise in urbanization, and the recently launched government’s initiative - “Swachh Bharat Abhiyan”, are expected to be the main drivers of the faucets industry