Recent investigations into blast-resistant properties of polyureas and other multi-phase polymeric elastomers indicate that they can dissipate broad bands of frequencies such as those encountered in blast events. In this unique book, Elastomeric Polymers with High Rate Sensitivity, Dr. Roshdy Barsoum and expert contributors bring together the cutting-edge testing methodologies, material properties, and critical design data for engineers seeking to deploy this technology.
Where conventional methods of resisting blast, shockwave, and penetration are expensive, time-consuming and impractical, high-strain rate elastomeric polymers (HSREP) can be cheaper, quicker, and more easily applied to new and old materials alike. This book aids both military and civilian engineers in a range of applications, from buildings and tunnels to lightweight armor, ships, and aircraft.
The book features constitutive models for software developers designing with these advanced polymers, as well as a discussion of the mechanisms of interaction between high-strain rate polymers and other materials. It also thoroughly covers HSREP engineering methods to achieve other unique properties, such as fireproofing.
- Material properties and design data included to enable engineers to successfully deploy this technology
- Cheaper, quicker, and more easily implemented than traditional methods of increasing blast and ballistic performance
- A how-to guide to the engineering of high strain rate elastomeric polymers to achieve other useful properties, such as fireproofing
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
- History of high strain rate elastomeric polymers (HSREP) application.
- Polymer chemistry and structural property relationships in HSREP.
- Testing of HSREP.
- Constitutive Modelling of HSREP.
- Molecular Dynamics and Coarse grain simulation of HSREP.
- Mechanisms associated with high strain rate polymers (HSREP)-interaction with other materials
- Computational simulation, multi scale computations, and issues related to behavioural aspects of HSREP.
- Modification and Engineering of HSREP to achieve other unique properties.
- Application related to the protection against Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI).