Get an Unparalleled Overview of African Economies with Full Access to Over 26 Million Data Points:
- The Data Hub allows you to query each of the available seven datasets individually, produce time series analysis, extract the customised reports and easily comingle datasets.
Retrieve Specific Economic Data:
- Access +26.5 million data records for +50,000 key economic and financial data indicators.
- AFED aggregates macroeconomic data from local, regional and international sources into one data platform.
There are often several sources for each indicator, thus allowing you a variety of choices to choose from:
Monitor Daily Exchange Rates:
- Monitor daily foreign exchange rates and retrieve historical daily rates dating back to 1st January 1999.
- Choose between base currency, day, range, daily, monthly and yearly.
Check Current Interest Rates:
- Monitor interest rates issued by African countries and be informed every time a new rate is published.
- AFED covers 62 types of interest rates including liquidity swap, prime rate, short & medium-term lending rates, interbank rates and savings rates.
Keep Up-To-Date with Economic Calenders:
- Use the calendars to keep up to date with forthcoming events from multiple sources.
- You will then receive notifications by email every time new information is released and sources are updated.
- Be the first to hear about economic announcements including the release of latest GDP figures and changes to interest rate policies
- Get a list of future auction dates for all government debt securities along with announcements and results data
African Public Holidays:
- Be notified when banks, stock exchanges and other financial institutions are closed for business
Easily Check Closing Prices:
- Get direct access to both equity and bond official pricing data.
- The data sets contains pricing data for all the securities traded on any of the 24 African securities exchanges, with data going back to January 2007. In addition, access adjusted pricing data from 18 African stock exchanges.
Check Fixed Income Reference Data:
- Get direct access to static data outlining key terms and conditions, including interest and maturity details, for African debt securities as well as prices for listed bonds.
Make Informed Decisions:
- Data is Reported as Published by the Source.
- Gain valuable insight from the data's depth, breadth and scope.
- Display your data visually using the sophisticated charting functionality.
- Analyse data always accredited and reported as published by the source.