IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PROPERTY INVESTORS:
- SITE SELECTION
- MAXIMISING YOUR PROFIT
- AUTHORITIES, APPROVALS, ZONING AND FINANCE
- MARKETING AND SELLING
Australian Residential Property Development for Investors is essential reading for new and experienced investors alike. This is the only book in the Australian market to outline the process for analysing the current and projected market with the associated risks and rewards for residential real estate development.
Seasoned architect and developer Ron Forlee details the principles and processes of residential property development in Australia from site selection to sale and provides up–to–date material, case studies and strategies to help readers make better decisions.
- a comprehensive overview of the property development process
- residential investment and development approaches to minimise risk and maximise profit
- technologies that facilitate the development process
- key financial calculations and economic considerations
- how–to instructions for raising finance, marketing and selling
- recent case studies in each residential asset class.
This is an indispensable manual for anyone interested in maximising their reward from a new investment.
1 An overview of property development 1
2 Characteristics of a successful developer 23
3 The development process and participants 43
4 Development site selection 69
5 Negotiation and purchasing 95
6 Making the numbers work 113
7 Development economics 129
8 Utilising modern technology 153
9 Raising development finance 177
10 Raising equity finance 197
11 The development approval process 217
12 The construction process 235
13 Marketing and selling 251
14 Residential land development 271
15 Villas and townhouses 301
16 Apartment developments 325