This English version of the Funding Atlas 2012 presents selected findings from the more comprehensive German edition. At the core of the report are indicators that provide information on which subject areas have received funding at higher education and other research institutions in the period 2008–2010. This report also includes, as a supplement not found in the German edition, the decisions on the Excellence Initiative, which were taken shortly after the German edition of the Funding Atlas 2012 was published.
The report also addresses the subject of internationality by presenting selected indicators that show how attractive Germany?s research institutions are for visiting scientists.
In summary, the DFG Funding Atlas furnishes reliable indicators of the effectiveness and competitiveness of publicly funded research in Germany. It documents how research locations are developing their profiles and their attractiveness for international scientists.
Publicly Funded Research in Germany – an Overview
– International Comparison of Research and Research Funding
– Structure and Funding of the German Research Landscape
– Overview of Research Funding Bodies Involved in the Funding Atlas
Funding Profiles of Research Institutions and Regions
– Higher Education Institutions
– Non–university Research Institutions
– Regional Research Profile
Research Profiles by Scientific Discipline
– Humanities and Social Sciences
– Life Sciences
– Natural Sciences
– Engineering Sciences
National and International Cooperation as Reflected by Bibliometric Data and Illustrated by Chemistry
– Data Basis and Methodology
– Publication Activity in Chemistry
– Cooperation in Chemistry as Revealed by Bibliometric Data