Improve and optimize efficiency of HVAC and related energy systems from an exergy perspective. From fundamentals to advanced applications, Exergy Analysis of Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration provides readers with a clear and concise description of exergy analysis and its many uses.
Focusing on the application of exergy methods to the primary technologies for heating, refrigerating, and air conditioning, Ibrahim Dincer and Marc A. Rosen demonstrate exactly how exergy can help improve and optimize efficiency, environmental performance, and cost-effectiveness. The book also discusses the analysis tools available, and includes many comprehensive case studies on current and emerging systems and technologies for real-world examples.
From introducing exergy and thermodynamic fundamentals to presenting the use of exergy methods for heating, refrigeration, and air conditioning systems, this book equips any researcher or practicing engineer with the tools needed to learn and master the application of exergy analysis to these systems.
- Explains the fundamentals of energy/exergy for practitioners/researchers in HVAC&R fields for improving efficiency
- Covers environmental assessments and economic evaluations for a well-rounded approach to the subject
- Includes comprehensive case studies on both current and emerging systems/technologies
- Provides examples from a range of applications - from basic HVAC&R to more diverse processes such as industrial heating/cooling, cogeneration and trigeneration, and thermal storage
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Exergy and Its Ties to the Environment, Economics and Sustainability 2. Exergy and Exergy Assessments 3. Industrial Heating and Cooling Systems 4. Heat Pump Systems 5. Cogeneration, Multigeneration and Integrated Energy Systems 6. Heat Storage Systems 7. Renewable Energy-Based Building HVAC Systems 8. Exergy-Related Methods
Ibrahim Dincer is a full professor of Mechanical Engineering at University of Ontario. Renowned for his pioneering works in the area of sustainable energy technologies he has authored/co-authored numerous books and book chapters, and many refereed journal and conference papers. He has chaired many national and international conferences, symposia, workshops and technical meetings. He has delivered many keynote and invited lectures. He is an active member of various international scientific organizations and societies, and serves as editor-in-chief, associate editor, regional editor, and editorial board member on various prestigious international journals. He is a recipient of several research, teaching and service awards, including the Premier's research excellence award in Ontario, Canada. During the past five years he has been recognized by Thomson Reuters as one of The Most Influential Scientific Minds in Engineering and one of the most highly cited researchers.
Rosen, Marc A.
Marc A. Rosen is the Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Energy and Environmental Engineering and the founding Editor-in-Chief of Sustainability. He has written numerous books and journal articles. Professor Rosen received the President's Award from the Canadian Society for Mechanical Engineering in 2012. Currently, he is a Professor at the University of Ontario Institute of Technology, where he served as founding Dean of the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science