Based on practical experience rather than entirely on theoretical concepts, and emphasizing phenomenological explanations and well-annotated figures, the book represents one of the most important resources on the topics of microwave technologies, applications of RF and microwaves in industry (industrial heating and drying), and microwave engineering.
After covering the basics of field-material interactions, the book reviews and categorizes probes and applicators, demonstrates their real-world applications, and offers numerically solved examples.
Readers will find valuable design rules and principles of high-frequency applicators and probes for material processing and sensing applications in this expanded edition.
- Presents new information on how the interactions of electromagnetic fields with materials at high frequencies have given rise to a vast array of practical applications in industry, science, medicine, and consumer markets- Thoroughly revised and expanded edition, providing an update on the most recent trends and findings- Contains many new sections within existing chapters, along with new chapters on applicators for plasmas at microwave/RF frequencies
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Fundamentals of Field Applicators and Probes at RF and Microwave Frequencies
3. Electric Field (Capacitive) Applicators/Probes
4. Single-mode Microwave Cavities for Material Processing and Sensing
5. Microwave Multimode Cavities for Material Heating
6. Applicators and Probes Based on the Open End of Microwave Transmission Lines
7. Magnetic Field and Inductive Applicators and Probes at High Frequencies
8. RF/Microwave Applicators and Systems for Joining and Bonding of Materials
9. Design Considerations for Applicators in Continuous-flow Microwave/RF Processing
10. Plasma Applicators at RF and Microwave Frequencies