Maintaining communication capabilities in a disaster scenario is crucial for avoiding loss of lives and damages to property. Wireless Public Safety Networks examines past communication failures that have directly contributed to the loss of lives.
This book will give readers a broad view of the PSNs field, analyzing the benefits PSNs may bring to society, the main challenges related to the establishment and maintenance of these networks, the latest advancements in the field, and future perspectives.
- Discusses the ever changing requirements and impact of PSNs in mission critical scenarios- Analyzes the evolving methods required to meet the growing demand of capable public safety networks- Covers lessons learned and advances made to wireless communications to help prevent loss of lives and poor practice disaster management
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Communication technologies
3. Existent and future architectures
4. Requirements for PSN interoperability
5. Emergency alert systems
6. Public Safety Scenarios modelling
7. Fast deployable networks
8. Public Safety applications
9. Validation of mission critical networks protocols
10. Emerging standards
11. Spectrum policies and specific legislations
12. Social networks and disaster scenarios
13. Next generation systems
14. Next challenges
Daniel Câmara is a Research Engineer at Telecom ParisTech, in France, currently working in the System on Chip Laboratory (LABSOC). His research interests
include wireless networks, distributed systems, quality of software and artificial intelligence algorithms.
Navid Nikaein is Assistant Professor in the mobile communication department at Eurecom in France, where he leads a research group focusing on experimental system research related to wireless systems with concrete use-cases found in broadband access, massive IoT, and public safety networks.