Get up and running with AutoCAD using Gindis' combination of step-by-step instruction, examples and insightful explanations. The emphasis from the beginning is on core concepts and practical application of AutoCAD in engineering, architecture, and design. Equally useful in instructor-led classroom training, self-study, or as a professional reference, the book is written with the user in mind by a long-time AutoCAD professional and instructor based on what works in the industry and the classroom.
- Strips away complexities and reduces AutoCAD to easy-to-understand basic concepts.
- Fully covers the essentials of both 2D and 3D in one affordable easy to read volume
- All basic commands are documented step-by-step: what the student needs to type in and how AutoCAD responds is all spelled out in discrete and clear steps with screen shots added as needed.
- Companion website with full series of video lectures that follow all 30 chapters
New to Up and Running with AutoCAD 2016:
- New end-of-chapter exercises, with a special focus on Level II and III (3D) sections
- Addition of several new civil engineering drawing examples to address that special interest of users
- An expanded and clarified treatment of Materials and Rendering (Chapter 30)
- New Appendix titled "3D Printing Technologies" to address this growing technology field
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Level 1 1. AutoCAD Fundamentals-Part I 2. AutoCAD Fundamentals-Part II 3. Layers, Colors, Linetypes, and Properties 4. Text, Mtext, Editing, and Style 5. Hatch Patterns 6. Dimensions 7. Blocks, Wblocks, Dynamic Blocks, Groups, and Purge 8. Polar, Rectangular and Path Arrays 9. Basic Printing and Output 10. Advanced Output-Paper Space
Level 2 11. Advanced Linework 12. Advanced Layers 13. Advanced Dimensions 14. Options, Shortcuts, CUI, Design Center, and Express Tools 15. Advanced Design and File Management Tools 16. Importing and Exporting Data 17. External References (Xrefs) 18. Attributes 19. Advanced Output and Pen Settings 20. Isometric Drawing
Level 3 21. 3D Basics 22. Primitives 23. Object Manipulation 24. Boolean Operations 25. Solid Modeling 26. Advanced Solids, Faces, and Edges 27. Surfaces and Meshes 28. UCS, Vports, Text, and Dimensions in 3D 29. Dview, Walk and Fly, Animation, and Action Recording 30. Lighting and Rendering
Elliot Gindis has used and taught AutoCAD in the New York City area since 1996, logging in well over 20,000 hours of screen time as a designer and consultant in a wide variety of architecture and engineering fields. From 1999 to 2008 he was on staff at the Pratt Institute of Design and as visiting instructor at the New York Institute of Technology (NYIT). He is currently president of Vertical Technologies Consulting and Design, an AutoCAD training firm, and has advised, consulted, or assisted more than 60 companies nationwide in using and optimizing AutoCAD. Elliot is part of the AutoDesk Developers Network and is a Certified Technical Trainer.