Get up and running with AutoCAD using Gindis' combination of step-by-step instruction, examples and insightful explanations. The emphasis from the beginning is on core concepts and practical application of AutoCAD in engineering, architecture, and design. Equally useful in instructor-led classroom training, self-study, or as a professional reference, the book is written with the user in mind by a long-time AutoCAD professional and instructor based on what works in the industry and the classroom.
- Strips away complexities and reduces AutoCAD to easy-to-understand basic concepts.
- Fully covers the essentials of both 2D and 3D in one affordable easy to read volume
- All basic commands are documented step-by-step: what the student needs to type in and how AutoCAD responds is all spelled out in discrete and clear steps with screen shots added as needed.
- Companion website with full series of video lectures that follow all 30 chapters
New to Up and Running with AutoCAD 2016:
- New end-of-chapter exercises, with a special focus on Level II and III (3D) sections
- Addition of several new civil engineering drawing examples to address that special interest of users.
- An expanded and clarified treatment of Materials and Rendering (Chapter 30).
- New Appendix titled "3D Printing Technologies" to address this growing technology field.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Level 1 CHAPTER 1 AutoCAD Fundamentals-Part I CHAPTER 2 AutoCAD Fundamentals-Part II CHAPTER 3 Layers, Colors, Linetypes, and Properties CHAPTER 4 Text, Mtext, Editing, and Style CHAPTER 5 Hatch Patterns CHAPTER 6 Dimensions CHAPTER 7 Blocks, Wblocks, Dynamic Blocks, Groups, and Purge CHAPTER 8 Polar, Rectangular and Path Arrays CHAPTER 9 Basic Printing and Output CHAPTER 10 Advanced Output-Paper Space Level 2 CHAPTER 11 Advanced Linework CHAPTER 12 Advanced Layers CHAPTER 13 Advanced Dimensions CHAPTER 14 Options, Shortcuts, CUI, Design Center, and Express Tools CHAPTER 15 Advanced Design and File Management Tools CHAPTER 16 Importing and Exporting Data CHAPTER 17 External References (Xrefs) CHAPTER 18 Attributes CHAPTER 20 Isometric Drawing Level 3 CHAPTER 21 3D Basics CHAPTER 22 Primitives CHAPTER 23 Object Manipulation CHAPTER 24 Boolean Operations CHAPTER 25 Solid Modeling CHAPTER 26 Advanced Solids, Faces, and Edges CHAPTER 27 Surfaces and Meshes CHAPTER 28 UCS, Vports, Text, and Dimensions in 3D CHAPTER 29 Dview, Walk and Fly, Animation, and Action Recording CHAPTER 30 Lighting and Rendering
Elliot Gindis has used and taught AutoCAD in the New York City area since 1996, logging in well over 20,000 hours of screen time as a designer and consultant in a wide variety of architecture and engineering fields. From 1999 to 2008 he was on staff at the Pratt Institute of Design and as visiting instructor at the New York Institute of Technology (NYIT). He is currently president of Vertical Technologies Consulting and Design, an AutoCAD training firm, and has advised, consulted, or assisted more than 60 companies nationwide in using and optimizing AutoCAD. Elliot is part of the AutoDesk Developers Network and is a Certified Technical Trainer.