The better a business understands BDA, the better it becomes at exploiting BDA opportunities in its specific industry.
Facilities management (FM) is not traditionally known as a high-tech industry. However:
- Leaders of integrated facilities management (IFM) are at the forefront of a constant exploration of trends, technologies, and wider opportunities in pursuit of greater business value. Amongst other things, this has brought an increasing interest in leveraging BDA in these companies.
- FM has seen a general trend towards managing facilities intelligently, e.g., with reduced workforce requirements or to generate additional benefits out of buildings through energy savings or optimisation/reduction of floor space - areas in which enhanced insight from BDA can provide value.
These trends imply the need to discover and develop tangible, concrete use cases to leverage the power of BDA in IFM firms.
The exploration of such use cases is the ultimate goal of this research service.
- Executive Summary
- Objective, Scope, and Methodology
- Volume, Variety, Velocity, and Veracity
- Key Sources of Big Data
- BDA Supplier Landscape
- Transition to Big Data-driven Business Intelligence
- A Multibillion-dollar Industry, but Rarely Top of Mind
- European FM Market by Contract Type
- European IFM Market by Service Type
- FM Service Taxonomy
- Application Areas and Use Case Clusters Across Industries
- Application Areas and Use Case Clusters in IFM
- BDA Use Cases by FM Service
- Legal Disclaimer