2. Dead-end filtration;
3. Crossflow microfiltration;
4. Ultrafiltration flux theories;
5. Ultrafiltration process analysis and design at the limiting flux;
6. Diafiltration at the limiting flux;
7. Ultrafiltration and diafiltration with incomplete rejection;
8. The osmotic pressure model applied to ultrafiltration and diafiltration;
9. Reverse osmosis and nanofiltration;
10. Membrane fouling;
11. Appendix: mathematical and computational background.
Greg Foley is a Lecturer at Dublin City University, with over 25 years' experience of teaching all aspects of chemical and bioprocess engineering. He is a dedicated educator who has been nominated for the DCU President's Award for Excellence in Teaching on numerous occasions.