1. Kinematics and governing equations;
3. Ideal fluid flow;
4. Surface waves;
5. Exact solutions to flow problems of an incompressible viscous fluid;
6. Laminar boundary layer theory;
7. Low-Reynolds number hydrodynamics;
8. Compressible fluid flow; Appendices; Bibliography; Answers and hints to selected exercises; Index.
C. S. Jog is Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, and worked as a postdoctoral assistant at the Technical University of Denmark for a year. He has more than twenty years of teaching and research experience and has published nearly forty papers in national and international journals. He teaches courses on elasticity, strength of materials, continuum mechanics and numerical analysis at the undergraduate and postgraduate level. His areas of interest are finite element methods, solid mechanics and structural optimisation.