Seeding rates have been witnessing considerable diminishing, which, in turn, has provided impetus to the practice of seed treatment for preventing plant loss. Focusing greater attention on procedures that reduce risk, such as adapting to weather conditions after sowing, which makes seedlings highly vulnerable to soil-borne diseases and insects. Some major drivers of the seed treatment are crop rotations getting shorter and greater use of multi-component products. All these are driving the market for seed treatment.
Major restraints identified in this report are concerns for the environment and regulation of seed treatment market.
The South American market for seed treatment is projected to reach US$1.4 billion by 2020. With an estimated share of 45% in 2015, the Brazil constitutes the largest and fastest market for seed treatment in South America with CAGR of 10.2%.
By application segment, chemical agents dominate the South American market for seed treatment, accounting for an estimated 2015 share of 94.1%. Despite increased efficiency and production, majority of the farmers in South America employ non-chemical methods of seed treatment instead of chemical seed treatment. However, growth in demand for non-chemical agents is likely to outpace chemical agents by posting a 2015-2020 compounded annual rate of 10.4% to emerge as the fastest segment.
Corn/maize is the leading type of crop for seed treatment applications in South America, estimated to account for 34% of the total demand in 2015. In terms of CAGR between 2015 and 2020, however, demand for seed treatment applications in soybean is expected to be the fastest among all crop types at 10.6%.
Some of the major players in the market include BASF, Bayer, Syngenta, Verdesian and others. The key payers are eventually focusing on agreements and partnerships to balance the supply and demand of the market. Introducing new effective products is another strategy to stay ahead of the competition.
Features of the Report:
- Market analysis for the South America Seed Treatment Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the South America Seed Treatment Market on both global and regional scales
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
- Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Seed Treatment Defined
1.3 Seed Treatment: A Current and Future Perspective
1.4 Current Trends in Seed Treatment
1.5 What the Future of Seed Treatment Holds
2. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Rise in the cost of seeds
4.1.2 Price and Weather Volatility
4.1.3 Increase in Farm Sizes and Crop Rotations Getting Shorter
4.1.4 Greater Use of Multi-Component Products
4.1.5 Rise in demand for GM crops
4.2.1 Concerns for the Environment
4.2.2 Limited Dose Capacity, protection and Shelf Life
4.3.1 Biological Seed Treatment Agents Fostering Growth
4.4 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Regulatory Environment
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Application
5.1.2 Non- Chemical
5.2 By Crop type
5.2.7 Other Crops
5.3 By geography
5.3.1 South America
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Market Share Analysis
6.1.1 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.1.2 Perspective Based on Strategic Activities of Companies in the Recent Past
6.1.3 Leading players
7. Company Profiles
7.1 ADAMA AGRICULTURAL SOLUTIONS LTD (FORMERLY MAKHTESHIM AGAN INDUSTRIES LTD) (ISRAEL)
7.2 ADVANCED BIOLOGICAL MARKETING INC (UNITED STATES)
7.3 BASF SE (GERMANY)
7.4 BAYER CROPSCIENCE AG (GERMANY)
7.5 CHEMTURA AGROSOLUTIONS (UNITED STATES)
7.6 DUPONT (UNITED STATES)
7.7 INCOTEC GROUP BV (THE NETHERLANDS)
7.8 VERDESIAN LIFE SCIENCES
7.9 MONSANTO COMPANY (UNITED STATES)
7.10 NOVOZYMES A/S (DENMARK)
7.11 NUFARM LTD (AUSTRALIA)
7.12 SYNGENTA INTERNATIONAL AG (SWITZERLAND)