Apple and Google announced the new platforms last year, and rollouts of cars that use these systems have already begun.
By 2020, nearly 40 million cars will be using Android Auto and 37.1 million will be using CarPlay, according to IHS, and that will cover nearly all cars launching connected car services, according to BI Intelligence estimates.
In this report we analyze the two tech companies first plays in the connected car market. Our in-depth analysis outlines the capabilities of each system, analyzes the market potential for both Google and Apple, and looks at why connected cars are offering such a big opportunity to mobile platforms and apps.
In full, this report:
- Analyzes the current and expected car models that will be CarPlay and/or Android Auto compatible
- Explains how both CarPlay and Android Auto work
- Determines the current benefits of each system
- Examines how Google will benefit from the data generated from connected cars
- Assesses how Apple will learn about the car market through CarPlay