It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Bangladesh, including:
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Bangladesh.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Bangladesh.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Bangladesh.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and companies.
Reasons To Buy:
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Bangladesh.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Bangladeshi insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
- The Bangladeshi insurance industry is regulated by the Insurance Development and Regulatory Authority.
- The practice of non-admitted insurance is limited to reinsurance in Bangladesh.
- 60% foreign direct investment is permitted in the Bangladeshi insurance industry.
- Composite insurance is not permitted in Bangladesh.
- Motor third-party liability, and workmen’s compensation insurance are compulsory in Bangladesh.
1.1 What is this Report About?
2 Governance, Risk and Compliance
2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
2.2 Latest Changes in Regulations
2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
2.3.1 Life insurance
2.3.2 Property insurance
2.3.3 Motor insurance
2.3.4 Liability insurance
2.3.5 Marine, aviation and transit insurance
2.3.6 Personal accident and health insurance
2.4 Compulsory Insurance
2.4.1 Motor third-party liability insurance
2.4.2 Workmen’s compensation insurance
2.5 Supervision and Control
2.5.1 International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS)
2.5.2 Insurance Development and Regulatory Authority
2.5.3 Bangladesh Insurance Association (BIA)
2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
2.6.3 Market practices
2.6.4 Fines and penalties
2.7 Company Registration and Operations
2.7.1 Types of insurance organization
2.7.2 Establishing a local company
2.7.3 Foreign ownership
2.7.4 Types of license
2.7.5 Capital requirements
2.7.6 Solvency margins
2.7.7 Reserve requirements
2.7.8 Investment regulations
2.7.9 Statutory return requirements
2.7.10 Fee structure
2.8.1 Insurance premium or policy taxation
2.8.2 Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
2.8.3 Corporate tax
2.9 Legal System
2.9.2 Access to court
2.9.3 Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
List of Tables:
Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
Table 2: Bangladesh - Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
Table 3: Bangladesh - Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 4: Bangladesh - Intermediary Remuneration for Individual Life Insurance Policies
Table 5: Bangladesh - Intermediary Remuneration for Accident and Health and Term Life Insurance Policies
Table 6: Bangladesh - Intermediary Remuneration for Individual Life Single-Premium Policies
Table 7: Bangladesh - Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 8: Bangladesh - Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 9: Bangladesh - Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 10: Bangladesh - Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2016
List of Figures:
Figure 1: Bangladesh - Insurance Supervision and Control at Various Levels
Figure 2: Bangladesh - Insurance Regulatory Frameworks for Company Registration and Operation
- Sadharan Bima Corporation (SBC)
- American Life Insurance Company
- Jatiya Bima Corporation
- Tista Bima Corporation
- Karnafuli Bima Corporation
- Rupsa Jiban Bima Corporation
- Surma Jiban Bima Corporation