The Transformations and Convergence in Enterprise Markets for Networks and IT report provides an essential foundation for anticipating market developments, developing robust strategies and assessing M&A opportunities.
Network and IT services are undergoing substantial changes, which are often interacting with each other to create new levels of market complexity and transform market landscapes.
This report will give you a profound understanding of how markets for network and IT services are changing and the underlying principles at work, which will help you to anticipate market developments and make strategic decisions with confidence.
- Service providers identify new opportunities and threats and develop strategies for extending into new areas.
- M&A professionals analyse new synergies between companies operating in different telecom, media and technology sectors.
- IT and network buyers purchase next generation services.
The report is based on a structured analysis of key trends, how they interact with each other and the resulting implications. It was validated by detailed discussions with industry experts working at VP level in service provider organisations and interviewing IT buyers in large enterprises.
While the report largely focuses on enterprise markets for network and IT services, the principles also apply to other media and technology markets.
2. Drivers behind New Solution Concepts
3. How Different Sectors are Maturing at Different Rates
4. New Synergies between Providers from Different Sectors
5. New Solution Concepts Using Components from Multiple Sectors
6. How a Well-Differentiated Supplier Can Draw Revenue from Outside its Sector
7. Where Partnerships Make More Sense than Acquisitions
8. Anticipating Opportunities and Market Developments
9. Transformation and Convergence Creates New Business Imperatives
10. Assessing Service Provider Strategies
11. Particular Implications for Network Service Providers
12. Convergence Drives Users to Develop New Procurement Skills
- Microsoft's Acquisition of Yammer
- Partnership between Axel Springer and Samsung
- A Microcosm in Mobile Markets: Bundle of Smartphone, Apps, Network and Cloud
- IBM's Development of API Management
- The Rescue of Blackberry
- Barriers to Cross-Sector Convergence, Especially in Larger Enterprises
- Network Function Virtualization
- Cloud Exchanges and Marketplaces
List of Tables and Charts:
- Major Network and IT-Based Sectors
- How Major Sectors are Evolving and Maturing
- Sources of Disruption, Opportunities and Threats
- Matrix of Sectors whose Offerings Must Often be Used Together
- New Solution Concepts Drawing on Multiple Sectors and Involving Hosting or Networks
- Factors to Consider when Assessing Supplier Strategies