The Furniture Industry in the Gulf Countries: Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar is part of the Country Furniture Outlook Series, covering at present 100 countries.
The report contains updated furniture statistics, trends and indicators useful to analyse the furniture market in the Gulf area, together with tables, graphs, illustrated maps and information gathered through interviews with top furniture companies and sector experts.
A detailed Executive summary provides:
- An overview of the furniture industry;
- Performance of the furniture market;
- Prospects for the coming years
For each considered country the report analyses the furniture market through main demand determinants, furniture consumption and per capita furniture spending.
From the supply side it includes data for furniture production (by geographical region or area of the country) and productive factors.
This study also considers the international trading activities (Imports and Exports) with tables and graphs illustrating:
- Countries of destination/origin of furniture;
- Furniture trade by segment (upholstered furniture, non-upholstered seats, bedroom furniture, kitchen furniture, office furniture, parts of furniture, parts of seats) and by country/area;
- World comparison of the imports/consumption and exports/production ratios, placing all the statistics in a broader context.
Further analysis (market potential and business climate):
- Prospects of the furniture industry;
- Assessments of market potential;
- How easy is to do business in the country;
- Cross-country comparisons
Who are the top players in the area? The report provides information (Name, Activity, Product Portfolio and Web) for over 280 manufacturers and distributors operating in the area and the competitive system description. International furniture fairs and professional furniture magazines are also indicated.
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY: Status and prospects of the furniture industry in the Gulf region
- Market potential
- Consumption of furniture
- Demand determinants
- Weight of imports
- Scenario and forecasts
ANALYSIS BY COUNTRY: Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates
Furniture Market Potential
- Market outline and furniture consumption
- Economic environment. Furniture market forecasts to 2017-2019
- Business climate rankings and selected indicators
- Among the indicators: population, demographic profile, construction, tourism and hospitality
- Furniture consumption
- Total and per capita furniture consumption comparing the country with the GCC region and World
- Furniture consumption trends
- Furniture imports and furniture consumption
- Imports/consumption ratio
- Origin of furniture imports
- Furniture imports by segment (Upholstered furniture, non-upholstered seats, bedroom furniture, kitchen furniture, office furniture, other furniture)
Sector Fairs and Press
- Productive factors (available for Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates)
- Furniture production
- Furniture exports and furniture production
- Export/production ratio
- Furniture exports
- Description and leading furniture companies
- Country Rankings
- Socio-Economic Data
- Main furniture Data
- Furniture Exports
- Furniture Imports
- - By product
- - By country and by geograpical area (for upholstered furniture, non-upholstered seats, bedroom furniture, kitchen furniture, office furniture, other furniture, furniture parts).
Methodological notes and presentation conventions
The Gulf region is an interesting market for furniture companies: the area is an expanding market, whose population is growing fast and is made up of consumers with high purchasing power. Furniture consumption is also sustained by a positive trend in construction activity. This generates furniture demand, both for residential and non-residential use. Local furniture production is relatively undeveloped and the market is very open to imports of foreign products.
The area has absorbed a total of around USD 4 billion of imported products in 2016. China and the traditional producers, such as Italy, USA and Germany, play a key role but the competition grows due to the increasing weight of other countries such as the UK, Egypt, Turkey and Poland. Also local producers grow, attracted by the numerous market opportunities.
- Al Makateb
- Al Zubair Furnishings
- Ali Abdulwahab Al Mutawa Commercial
- Almana Maples
- Bond Furniture Industries
- Delmon Furniture Factory (A.J.M. Kooheji Group)
- Havelock Ahi
- ID Design
- Marina Home Interiors
- Poly Products
- Riyadh Furniture Industries
- Royal Palace Furniture Industries
- Salam Industries
- The One