The report discusses the forecasted market size and year - wise growth of the sector till 2020, along with the various drivers, which will lead to this growth.
It also discusses the various trends that are shaping the online language learning space, along with the major investments, and mergers and acquisitions that took place since January 2014. The report further discusses the profile of major players in the online language learning space.
Online language learning space is witnessing several trends. The segment is witnessing introduction of new portals and mobile apps, as well as more learners adapting to these apps. Further, due to several new players introducing free mobile apps, existing players are re-inventing their revenue models, and are going for collaborations. The segment is also witnessing increase in investment activities, and is one of the sought after segments in education technology.
Market size of online language learning is being calculated as a product of demand for online languages - factored by the percentage of paying customers - and ticket size of various language learning courses.
Online language learning is not confined to any particular geography. E.g. demand for language learning apps such can Duolingo can come from any part of the world. Therefore, the market size is calculated by global online demand, and not by demand from specific countries.
Demand for online language learning has been derived by scraping and analyzing data from various search engines. One billion internet searches related to language learning, ending June 30, 2015 have been analyzed to ascertain the major countries from which the demand is coming, as well as the most demanded languages. The data has been validated through various parameters such as languages introduced by new mobile apps, inward and outward student mobility, and immigration statistics - which are some of the key drivers to demand for online language learning.
The data has further been adjusted to account for various factors such as completions rate of online courses, number of users paying for premium version of mobile apps, and completion in the segment. The result has been multiplied by ticket size of various delivery methods - such as premium apps’ subscriptions, and licenses to enterprises and educational institutions.
Various factors for forecasting the growth have been derived from the statistics provided by the government, ministries, as well as prominent organizations such as the World Bank, International Monetary Funds, UNESCO Institute of Statistics, World Factbook - CIA etc. The data is further validated through credible analyst reports, white papers by industry organizations, questioners and expert interviews.
2. Market Size of Global Online Language Learning Space
- Global Online Language Learning Market Size - By Demand for Languages
- Global Online Language Learning Market Size - By Demand from Countries
- Global Online Language Learning Market Size - By Types of Customers
- Global Online Language Learning Market Size - By Types of Delivery models
3. Forecasted Market Size of Global Online Language Learning Space
4. Drivers Impacting Global Online Language Learning Space
- Penetration and Use of Internet
- Use of mobile phones and Tablets
- Outbound International Student Mobility
- Increasing Immigration of Skilled professionals
- Increase in Literacy Rates
5. Trends in Global Online Language Learning Space
- Introduction of New Products
- Companies Collaborating with Other Organizations
- Expansion in Online Language Learning Space
- Companies Innovating Themselves
6. Investments in Global Online Language Learning Space
7. Five Forces Analysis of Global Online Language Learning Space
- Threat of new entrants
- Threat of substitute products or services
- Bargaining power of customers
- Bargaining power of suppliers
- Intensity of competitive rivalry
8. Profiles of Key Players
- 50 Languages
- Mc Graw Hill Education
- OK Panda
- Pearson Education
- Rosetta Stone
9. List of Organizations Mentioned in the Report
List Of Figures:
Figure 1: Market Size of Online Language Learning - By Languages - 2015 (E)
Figure 2: Online Demand for Language Learning - By Countries
Figure 3: Market Size of Online Language Learning - By B2B and B2C customers - 2015 (E)
Figure 4: Market Size of Online Language Learning - By Devices Used for Learning - 2015 (E)
Figure 5: Market Size of Online Language Learning - By Devices Used for Learning - B2C Segment -2015 (E)
Figure 6: Market Size of Online Language Learning - By Devices Used for Learning - B2B Segment -2015 (E)
Figure 7: Forecasted Market Size of Online Language Learning - Global - 2015 (E)-2020 (F)
Figure 8: Forecasted Growth Rates of Online Language Learning - Global, B2B, and B2C - 2016 (F)-2020 (F)
Figure 9: Individuals Using the Internet - World, Developing, and Developed Countries - 2014-2015(E)
Figure 10: % of Individuals Using the Internet - Top 20 Countries by Population - 2013-2014
Figure 11: Mobile Phone Subscriptions - World, Developing, and Developed Countries - 2014-2015(E)
Figure 12: Active mobile-broadband subscriptions - World, Developing, and Developed Countries - 2014-2015(E)
Figure 13: Outbound International Student Mobility - 2009-2013
Figure 14: Total Migrant Stock - World - 2010-2013
Figure 15: Adult and Youth Literacy Rates (%) - World - 2000-2015 (E)
Figure 16: Five-forces Analysis of Higher Education Sector in GCC Countries
- 500 Startups
- 50Languages LLC
- Baidu Inc.
- Bussu Limited
- CNK Digital
- Duolingo, Inc.
- East Ventures
- Eton Institute
- Google Capital
- ICONIQ Capital
- Imagine Learning
- Innovation Endeavors
- Insight Venture Partners
- Insperia Education Private Limited
- Intap Labs Private Limited
- Kapor Capital
- Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Leap Learning Solutions Private limited
- Lesson Nine GmbH
- Livemocha, Inc.
- McGraw-Hill Education Global Holdings,LLC.
- Memrise Limited
- Middlebury Interactive Languages
- Nokia Growth Partners
- OKpanda Inc.
- Oxford University
- Pearson PLC
- Pluralsight LLC
- Reed Elsevier Ventures
- Resolute Ventures
- Rosetta Stone (UK) Limited
- Rosetta Stone Inc.
- Scottish Equity Partners
- Sorenson Capital Partners
- Tiger Global Management
- Union Square Ventures
- United Nations
- University College London
- VC Fonds Technologie Berlin GmbH
- Vice Sports
- Weld North Holdings