assessment and evaluation techniques that focus on collaborative teaching and learning with diverse students,
students cultural beliefs and strategies for outcomes–based collaborative teaching and learning in Asia, and
an understanding of the unique learning motivations of contemporary Asian students.
This is the 142nd volume of this Jossey–Bass higher education series. It offers a comprehensive range of ideas and techniques for improving college teaching based on the experience of seasoned instructors and the latest findings of educational and psychological researchers.
1. Learning the Confucian Way 5Tieyuan Guo
In this chapter, the focus is on understanding the unique learning motivations shared by contemporary students in Confucian heritage cultures.
2. Outcomes–Based Collaborative Teaching and Learning in Asian Higher Education 19Gertina J. van Schalkwyk
This chapter explores the background and development of outcomesbased collaborative teaching and learning, and provides guidance for writing learning outcomes and engaging students in the Asian higher education context.
3. Doing Outcomes–Based Collaborative Teaching and Learning in Asia 41Gertina J. van Schalkwyk
This chapter focuses on applying the concepts of outcomes–based collaborative teaching and learning in an Asian context and with students coming from a Confucian heritage culture and explores examples of how to implement effective collaborative teaching and learning in an Asian higher education setting.
4. Authentic Assessment of Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes 65Brenda C. Litchfield, John V. Dempsey
This chapter proposes supplementing traditional assessment strategies with innovative and authentic ways to evaluate students performance on intended learning outcomes.
5. Connectivism and the Use of Technology/Media in Collaborative Teaching and Learning 81Neena Thota
This chapter explores the ways in which a relational understanding of the education process and the use of collaborative technologies in the connectivist tradition might inform and transform university teaching.