This handbook covers analysis of materials failure in the oil and gas industry, where a single failed pipe can result in devastating consequences for people, wildlife, the environment, and the economy of a region.
The book combines introductory sections on failure analysis with numerous real world case studies of pipelines and other types of materials failure in the oil and gas industry, including joint failure, leakage in crude oil storage tanks, failure of glass fibre reinforced epoxy pipes, and failure of stainless steel components in offshore platforms, amongst others.
- Introduces readers to modern analytical techniques in materials failure analysis- Combines foundational knowledge with current research on the latest developments and innovations in the field- Includes numerous compelling case studies of materials failure in oil and gas pipelines and drilling platforms
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Failure Analysis of Oil and Gas Transmission Pipelines
2. Modern Analytical Techniques in Failure Analysis of Aerospace, Chemical, and Oil and Gas Industries
3. Methods for Assessing Defects Leading to Gas Pipe Failure
4. Failure of Glass Fiber-reinforced Epoxy Pipes in Oilfields
5. Failures and Integrity of Pipelines Subjected to Soil Movements
6. Oil Field Drill Pipes Failure
7. Failure Analysis and Solution Studies on Drill Pipe Thread Gluing at the Exit Side of Horizontal Directional Drilling
8. Causes and Conditions for Reamer Blade Balling during Hole Enlargement while Drilling
9. Analysis of Reamer Failure Based on Vibration Analysis of the Rock Breaking in Horizontal Directional Drilling
10. Effect of Artificial Accelerated Salt Weathering on Physical and Mechanical Behavior of Sandstone Samples from Surface Reservoirs
11. Stochastic Failure Analysis of Defected Oil and Gas Pipelines
12. Determining the Cause of a Carbon Steel Joint Failure in a Gas Flow Pipeline Production Facility
13. Experimental and Numerical Investigation of High-Pressure Water Jetting Effect towards NPS8 Natural Gas Pipeline Integrity-Establishing Safety Distance Perimeter
14. Graphitization in Pressure Vessels and Piping
15. Cases of Failure Analysis in Petrochemical Industry
16. Failure Analysis of Heat Exchange Tubes in the Petrochemical Industry: A Microscopic Approach
17. Failure of 17-4 PH Stainless Steel Components in Offshore Platforms
18. Fracture Representation and Assessment for Tubular Offshore Structures
19. Manufacturing, Testing, and Operational Techniques to Prevent Sour Service Damages
20. The Role of Microfractography in Failure Analysis of Machine Components and Structures
Professor Abdel Salam Hamdy Makhlouf is the Vice President of Integrated Mechanical Material Corrosion Consulting (IM2C), Texas, USA, and a Full professor at Central Metallurgical Research and Development Institute. He has 26 years of experience working in R&D with a blend of both industrial and academic leadership as a Professor of Materials Science, and Advanced "nano-bio Manufacturing Engineering, and Materials Engineering Consultant. He is the recipient of numerous national and international prizes and awards including the Humboldt Research Award for Experienced Scientists, at Max Planck Institute, Germany; Fulbright, NSF, and Dept. of Energy Fellowships, USA; Shoman Award in Engineering Science; and the State Prize of Egypt in Advanced Science and Technology. His research has focused on five critical areas: Energy, Health, Environment, Advanced manufacturing, Advanced materials. Dr. Makhlouf has published over 200 journal articles, as well as 17 books and handbooks for Springer and Elsevier on a broad range of cross-disciplinary research fields including advanced multifunctional materials, nanotechnology, smart coatings, corrosion, biomaterials, waste/water treatment, and materials for energy applications. Dr. Makhlouf has served as both a Senior Editor and board member of many international journals, as well as reviewer for several international funding agencies in USA, Germany, UK, Qatar, Belgium, EU, Kazakhstan. He is a Consultant/Reviewer for several universities worldwide.
Mahmood Aliofkhazraei is assistant professor in the department of materials science at the Tarbiat Modares University, where he also earned his master's degree and Ph.D. in corrosion and protection of materials. Dr. Aliofkhazraei has authored over 60 scientific publications on nanostructured coatings and thin films and has received numerous scientific awards, such as Khwarizmi award. He was selected among the 10 top best nanotechnologists in his country.