Electromagnetic Sounding of the Earth's Interior 2nd edition provides a comprehensive up-to-date collection of contributions, covering methodological, computational and practical aspects of Electromagnetic sounding of the Earth by different techniques at global, regional and local scales. Moreover, it contains new developments such as the concept of self-consistent tasks of geophysics and , 3-D interpretation of the TEM sounding which, so far, have not all been covered by one book.
Electromagnetic Sounding of the Earth's Interior 2nd edition consists of three parts: I- EM sounding methods, II- Forward modelling and inversion techniques, and III - Data processing, analysis, modelling and interpretation. The new edition includes brand new chapters on Pulse and frequency electromagnetic sounding for hydrocarbon offshore exploration. Additionally all other chapters have been extensively updated to include new developments.
- Presents recently developed methodological findings of the earth's study, including seismoelectrical and renewed magnetovariational approaches
- Provides methodological guidelines for Electromagnetic data interpretation in various geological environments
- Contains a balanced set of lectures covering all aspects of Electromagnetic sounding at global, regional and local levels along with case studies, highlighting the practical importance of electromagnetic data
- Updates current findings in the field, in particular MT, magnetovariational and seismo-electrical methods and the practice of 3D interpretations
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
EM Sounding Methods
- Global 3-D EM Studies of the Solid Earth: Progress Status - Alexey Kuvshinov
- Magnetovariational Method in Deep Geoelectrics - Mark N. Berdichevsky*, Vladimir I. Dmitriev, Nina S. Golubtsova, Natalia A. Mershchikova, and Pavel Yu. Pushkarev
- Shallow Investigations by TEM-FAST Technique: Methodology and Examples - Pavel O. Barsukov, Edward B. Fainberg, and Eugene O. Khabensky
- Self-Consistent Problems of Geoelectrics - Boris S. Svetov
Forward Modeling and Inversion Techniques
- 3-D EM Forward Modeling Using Balance Technique - Viacheslav V. Spichak and Michael S. Zhdanov
- 3-D EM Forward Modeling Using Integral Equations - Dmitry B. Avdeev
- Inverse Problems in Modern Magnetotellurics - Vladimir I. Dmitriev and Mark N. Berdichevsky*
- Methods of Joint Robust Inversion in Magnetotelluric and Magnetovariational Studies with Application to Synthetic Datasets - Ivan M. Varentsov
- Neural Network Reconstruction of Macroparameters of 3-D Geoelectric Structures - Viacheslav V. Spichak
Data Processing, Analysis, Modeling and Interpretation
- Arrays of Simultaneous Electromagnetic Soundings: Design, Data Processing, Analysis, and
Ivan M. Varentsov
- Magnetotelluric Field Transformations and Their Application in Interpretation - Viacheslav V. Spichak
- Modeling of Magnetotelluric Fields in 3-D Media - Viacheslav V. Spichak
- Magnetotelluric Studies in Russia: Regional-Scale Surveys and Hydrocarbon Exploration - Mark N. Berdichevsky*, Valery Bubnov, Elena Aleksanova, Dmitry Alekseev, Andrey Yakovlev, and Denis Yakovlev
- Pulse and Frequency Soundings of Shelf Hydrocarbon Reservoirs - Pavel O. Barsukov and Edward B. Fainberg
With over 30 years' geophysics experience, Spichak's main research interests include: Joint interpretation of electromagnetic and other geophysical data, Indirect estimation of the Earth's physical properties from the ground electromagneti data, and Computational electromagnetics.
Spichak has authored 8 books with Elsevier, including the previous edition of Electromagnetic Sounding of the Earth's Interior (2006).
Spichak is the winner of the Gamburtsev award for the monograph "Magnetotelluric fields in three-dimensional models of geoelectrics (1999) and the Schmidt medal for outstanding achievements in Geophysics (2010).