Leaders will find unique cases, examples, and insights for high-stakes and routine negotiations alike. Mixng a readable, non-jargon approach with real-world stories and wide applicability, the author's use of 50+ years of experience as a business owner, negotiation consultant, and teacher to convey the fundamental logic and strategies underlying negotiations. The results are more than convincing.
- Draws upon 50+ years of the authors' relevant experience to teach leaders the logic and strategy behind successful negotiations- Connects research and principles to actual events via short vignettes and extended case studies- Features website tools, tips, stories, and video lessons on effective negotiating- Encourages the leader in every reader
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
The Mind of the Leader-Negotiator
1. The Case for the Leader-as-Negotiator
2. Attributes of Effective Leader-Negotiators
3. Systems-3 Leadership
Identifying Assumptions using Effective Questioning (EQ)
4. Introduction to Effective Questioning (EQ)
5. Using Effective Questioning Strategically
6. Win-Win and Win-Lose in the Leadership Zone
Negotiating in the Leadership Zone
7. The Power and Influence of Frames
8. Perspectives on Strategy
9. Perspectives on the Use of Tactics-Refer to Appendix D: Thirty Tactics.
10. Troubleshooting the Collaborative Process
11. The Context of Conflict
12. Diagnosing and Managing Conflict
13. Closing Words: Hidden Traps
Dr. Sylvester has more than 40+ years of experience as a leadership and management consultant and professional negotiator in the areas of business, production, law, education, government, and the non-profit sector.
He has consulted and negotiated for organizations such as Microsoft, Google, the National Basketball Association (NBA), the National Football League (NFL), Boeing, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), the U.S. Attorney's Office, Nike, Mercy Corps,
Coca-Cola, Edison Electric, Samsung, various government agencies, and others.
While President of Organization Strategy Institute, Inc., from 1988 - 2013, he worked with several international businesses - including those in Canada, France, Germany, Britain, Wales, Belgium, Ireland, Scotland, Austria, Italy, Greece, Hungary, Poland, Czech Republic, Russia, Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Argentina, Brazil, Columbia, Peru, Venezuela, Ecuador, Philippines, Australia, New Zealand, and Mexico.
Dr. Sylvester educational background includes a Doctorate in Leadership and Management, Seattle University; Master of Science in Organizational Systems and Management, Pacific Lutheran University; Executive degree, Operational Management and Production, Stanford University; Bachelor of Science in Health and Education, Pacific University.