The book explores the genetic engineering/biotechnology that has played a vital role in transforming economically important traits from distant/wild species to cultivated varieties, enhancing the quality and quantity of oil and seed yield production. Integrated nutrient management, efficient water management, and forecasting models for pests diseases outbreaks and integrated pest and pest management have also added new dimensions in breeding for sustainable production. With the rise in demand, the scientific community has responded positively by directing a greater amount of research towards sustainable production both for edible and industrial uses.
Covering the latest information on various major world oil crops including rapeseed mustard, sunflower, groundnut, sesame, oilpalm, cotton, linseed/flax, castor and olive, this book brings the latest advances together in a single volume for researchers and advanced level students.
- Describes various methods and systems to achieve sustainable production in all major oilseed crops- Addresses breeding, biology and utilization aspects simultaneously including those species whose information is not available elsewhere- Includes information on modern biotechnological and molecular techniques and production technologies- Relevant for international government, industrial and academic programs in research and development
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Strategies for increasing production of oilseeds on sustainable basis
2. Breeding oil crops for sustainable production: heavy metal tolerance
10. Oil palm
13. OMICS: A new approach for sustainable production
14. Forecasting of diseases and insect-pests for value-added agro-advisory
15. Designer oil crops for sustainable production
16. Genetic improvement of rapeseed-mustard through induced mutations
17. Pollination intervention in oilseed crops
18. Breeding oilseed for climate change
19. Possibilities of sustainable oil processing
20. Integrated pest management