What are Polycarbonate Resins?
Polycarbonate is one of the scientifically engineered plastic and its useful properties such as toughness, thermal stability and so on. Polycarbonate is a product created by the reaction of biophenal A (BPA) and phosgene. The effectiveness of the substance has allowed it to be moulded into various shapes such as sheets and resins.
What are the applications of Polycarbonate Resins?
Polycarbonate resins have been used in many industries, ranging from automotive and electrical to household and medical industries. Resins have also been used for applications in the paint and packaging industry. They have also been used in construction and medicine market.
Market Research & Market Trends:
- The resins may continue to grow in other industries such as electronics, optical, construction, where the durability factor comes into play. Polycarbonate resins have low-scratch resistance and hence, additives are mixed in production to create stronger variants.
- In the electronics industry, more mobile phones and tablets are using polycarbonate variants as it reduces weight when compared to regular plastic.
- Polycarbonates are popular in eyewear as they are lightweight and possess a natural ultraviolet filter.
Who are the key players in the Polycarbonate Resins market?
The key players in the Polycarbonate Resins market are Teijin Limited, Trinseo, Covestro Plastics, SABIC, Asahi Kasei, LG Chem, and so on.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end-use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
Please Note: The report is to be delivered in 1-2 working days after an order is placed.
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Polycarbonate Resin Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Polycarbonate Resin Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 8 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 8 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 8 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Polycarbonate Resin Market Forces
4.4. Porters five force model
4.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
4.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
4.4.3. Threat of new entrants
4.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
4.4.5. Threat of substitutes
5. Polycarbonate Resin Market -Strategic analysis
5.1. Value chain analysis
5.2. Opportunities analysis
5.3. Product life cycle
5.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
6. Polycarbonate Resin Market – By Viscosity (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
6.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
6.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
6.3. Product Segment Analysis
7. Polycarbonate Resin Market – By Application (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
7.2. Household Products
7.7. Electrical Products
7.8. Optical Products
7.9. IT and Communication
8. Polycarbonate Resin - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.1. Polycarbonate Resin Market - North America Segment Research
8.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
8.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
8.2.2. Revenue and Trends
8.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
8.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
8.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
18.104.22.168. Rest of North America
8.3. Polycarbonate Resin - South America Segment Research
8.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
8.4.2. Revenue and Trends
8.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
8.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
8.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
22.214.171.124. Costa Rica
126.96.36.199. Rest of South America
8.5. Polycarbonate Resin - Europe Segment Research
8.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
8.6.2. Revenue and Trends
8.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
8.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
8.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
188.8.131.52. Rest of Europe
8.7. Polycarbonate Resin – APAC Segment Research
8.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
8.8.2. Revenue and Trends
8.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
8.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
8.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
184.108.40.206. South Korea
9. Polycarbonate Resin Market - Entropy
9.1. New product launches
9.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
10. Polycarbonate Resin Market – Industry / Segment Competition landscape Premium
10.1. Market Share Analysis
10.1.1. Market Share by Country- Top companies
10.1.2. Market Share by Region- Top 8 companies
10.1.3. Market Share by type of Application – Top 8 companies
10.1.4. Market Share by type of Product / Product category- Top 8 companies
10.1.5. Market Share at global level- Top 8 companies
10.1.6. Best Practises for companies
11. Polycarbonate Resin Market Company Analysis
11.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
11.2. Teijin Limited
11.4. Covestro Plastics
11.6. Asahi Kasei
11.7. LG Chem
12. Polycarbonate Resin Market -Appendix