PVC pipes has been used in various fields; especially for producing water pipes, hence the production of PVC is an important task for this industry and this industry will persistently grow in cominsg years. The crucial factors affecting the growth of PVC resins market are growing infrastructure across the globe, aging population demanding for medical equipment and increasing use of consumer goods. The global Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) Resin Market accounted total revenue for $42.7m in 2020 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 3.8% during the forecast period between 2020 and 2025.
What is Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Resin?
PVC is made up of 57% chlorine and 43% carbon and comes under the category thermoplastics. It is less dependent on nonrenewable resources such as crude oil or natural gas, etc. than other polymers. Hence in contrast to plastics such as PE, PP, PET and PS, which are totally dependent on oil or gas the use of PVC resin is considered to be ecofriendly. Chlorine gives excellent fire resistance to PVC. Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) is one of the most versatile plastics with a wide variety of end use applications; e.g., packaging articles and construction.
Additives and pigments are added to PVC during the processing stage in order to enhance the properties as per use, and then the blend is converted into PVC products. It is available in many rigid and flexible forms that are durable and light weight. It can be clear or colored thus it gives designers opportunities which are not with other materials. Usually, thermoplastics are supplied in the pelletized form but PVC resin is often supplied in powder form. The long term storage of PVC is possible since the material is resistant to oxidation and degradation.
What are the major applications for Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Resin?
PVC being a thermoplastic polymer has applications across the market. It is being used to manufacture automotive parts, computer accessories, electric isolation, medical and healthcare equipment, electronic components, and many more things which surround us. PVC is one of the most valuable products of the chemical industry in terms of revenue generated. Globally, over 50% of PVC manufactured is used in construction. As a building material, PVC is cheap and easy to assemble.
In recent years, PVC has been replacing traditional building materials such as wood, concrete and clay in many areas. The latest 3D printing uses PVC for injection molding and printing structures for quick construction. As a rigid plastic, it is used as vinyl siding, magnetic stripe cards, window profile, pipe, plumbing and conduit fixtures. This makes PVC most important plastic available in market as it can be easily colored, shaped, molded or processed according to requirements.
Market Research and Market Trends of Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Resin Ecosystem
- Flexible PVC in Europe is applied on large scale to manufacture wires and cables. PVC cables account for around 7% of the PVC resins manufactured and for 46% of the cables market in Europe. The demand of PVC cables is growing due to its temperature handling capability and insulation properties. The PVC resin is simultaneously on high demand for satisfying the cable manufacturers.
- Indian leader in PVC manufacturing Finolex industries has indicated that it will focus on the non-agri segment, especially housing, given the government focus on housing to meet USD 1 billion sales target by 2020. The rise in agri industry is simultaneously expected but the growth rate would be slow. The current production capacity of all the finolex plants together is 2.72 lakh tons PVC resins and 2.9 lakh tonne of pipes & fittings per annum which is expected to double by 2020.
- Low plastisol viscosity at low shear property has been of increasing importance in certain sectors of the European plastisol processing industry over the last 10 years as new environmental legislation has come into effect. Many production processes are subject to control by local authorities but with frequent mergers and acquisitions, several larger groups have concentrated for production on single strategic site.
- A large sector of the resin market including flooring, synthetic leather, and wall-coverings remains highly dependent on fashion. Fashion will have at least as much influence over product popularity as it does today. The extreme versatility of E-PVC will see it well placed among other materials when choices are being made. The manufacturers are thus having the task for recognizing the importance of wide grade ranges to cover all eventualities and also understanding the way resin chemistry can influence the traditional fashion properties such as foam color, gloss and opacity.
- The PVC is applied in numerous applications across industries. In future there will be pressure on producers to look out new methods for recycling their products into other products either back to the standard product or through industry collection schemes. Recycling would be applicable to post-industrial materials but also increasingly to post-consumer products. Recently there have been concerns related to environmental safety for production process which is driven by environmental legislation. Emissions testing will continue to develop at a high rate.
Who are the Major Players in Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Resin market?
The players profiled in the report include Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd. (Japan), Formosa Plastics Corp. (U.S.), Occidental Petroleum Corp. (U.S.), Solvay SA (Belgium), Ineos Group Ltd. (Switzerland).
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
2. Executive Summary
3. Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Resin - Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.2.1. Product Benchmarking
3.2.2. End User Profiling
3.2.3. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Resin- Market Forces
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Constraints
4.3. Market Challenges
4.4. Attractiveness of the Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Resin market
4.4.1. Power of Suppliers
4.4.2. Power of Customers
4.4.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4. Threat of Substitution
4.4.5. Degree of Competition
5. Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Resin market- Strategic Analysis
5.1. Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product/Market Life Cycle Analysis
5.5. Suppliers and Distributors
6. Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Resin market- By Type
7. Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Resin market – By Grade
7.2. Homopolymer PVC
7.3. Copolymer PVC
8. Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Resin market – By Synthesis Process
8.2. Suspension PVC Resin
8.3. Bulk PVC Resin
8.4. Emulsion PVC Resin
9. Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Resin market – By Application
9.1.1. Instrument Panels
9.1.3. Sun Visors
9.1.4. Seating material and Coverings
9.1.5. Protective Accessories
9.2. Building And Construction
9.2.1. Pipes and Fittings
9.2.2. Cable Insulation
9.2.3. Floor Coverings
9.2.4. 3D Printing and Injection Molding
9.3.1. Computers and Accessories
9.3.2. Power Tools
9.3.3. Wires & Cables
9.3.4. Fuse Boxes
9.3.5. Wall Plugs
9.3.6. Light Fittings and Handles
9.4. Medical and Healthcare
9.4.1. Pharmaceutical Packs
9.4.2. Blood and Plasma Bags
9.4.3. Dialysis Equipment
9.4.4. Endotracheal Feeding Tubes
9.4.5. Infusion Kits
9.4.6. Surgical and Examination Gloves
9.4.8. Waste Handling Bags
9.5.1. Food and Beverages
9.5.2. Automobile Components
9.5.4. Door and Window Frames
9.6. Consumer Goods
9.6.1. Shoes and Sole
9.6.2. Vinyl Records
9.6.3. Rainproof Clothing
9.6.4. Artificial leather
9.6.5. House hold Appliances
9.7.1. Official Supplies
9.7.2. Conveyer Belts
9.7.3. Vehicle Seating
9.8.1. Electronic Devices
9.8.2. Utensils and Storage
10. Global Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Resin Market - By Geography
10.1. North America
10.2. South America
10.2.7. Costa Rica
10.4.3. South Korea
10.4.7. Hong Kong
10.5. Middle East& Africa
11. Market Entropy
11.1. New Product Launches
11.2. M&As, Collaborations, JVs, Partnership
12. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, SWOT Analysis, Developments, Product Portfolio)
12.1. Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd. (Japan)
12.2. Formosa Plastics Corp. (U.S.)
12.3. Occidental Petroleum Corp. (U.S.)
12.4. Solvay SA (Belgium)
12.5. Ineos Group Ltd. (Switzerland)
13.3. Research Methodology
13.5. Compilation of Expert Insights