The Author's "Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Polish Insurance Industry", report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Poland.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together the Author’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Poland, including -
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Poland.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Poland.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
- KNF regulates the Polish insurance industry.
- Non-admitted insurance is not permitted by law. However, insurers from EU and EEA Member States can operate in the Polish insurance industry without obtaining license from the KNF.
- Composite insurance is not permitted in Poland.
- 100% FDI is permitted in the Polish insurance industry.
- Solvency II took effect on January 1, 2016.
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Poland.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Poland.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Polish insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
1.1 What is this Report About?
2 GOVERNANCE, RISK AND COMPLIANCE
2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
2.2 Latest Changes in Regulation
2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
2.3.1 Life insurance
2.3.2 Property insurance
2.3.3 Motor insurance
2.3.4 Liability insurance
2.3.5 Marine, aviation and transit insurance
2.3.6 Personal accident and health insurance
2.4 Compulsory Insurance
2.4.1 Motor third-party liability insurance
2.4.2 Social insurance system
2.4.3 Air carriers and aircraft operators insurance
2.4.4 Marine liability insurance
2.4.5 Professional indemnity insurance for alternative investment fund managers
2.4.6 Clinical trial liability
2.4.7 Liability for ships with respect to oil pollution
2.4.8 Professional indemnity insurance for intermediaries
2.5 Supervision and Control
2.5.1 International Association of Insurance Supervisors
2.5.2 European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority
2.5.3 Federation of European Risk Management Associations
2.5.4 Polish Financial Supervision Authority
2.5.5 Polish Chamber of Insurance
2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
2.6.3 Market practices
2.6.4 Fines and penalties
2.7 Company Registration and Operations
2.7.1 Type of insurance organization
2.7.2 Establishing a local company
2.7.3 Foreign ownership
2.7.4 Types of license
2.7.5 Capital requirements
2.7.6 Solvency margin
2.7.7 Reserve requirements
2.7.8 Investment regulations
2.7.9 Statutory return requirements
2.7.10 Fee structure
2.8.1 Insurance premium or policy taxations
2.8.2 Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
2.8.3 Corporate tax
2.9 Legal System
2.9.2 Access to court
2.9.3 Alternative dispute resolution
3.4 The Author's Services
List of Tables
Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
Table 2: Poland - Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
Table 3: Poland - Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 4: Poland - Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 5: Poland - Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 6: Poland - Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 7: Poland - Minimum Cover for Aircraft Third-Party Liability Per Accident Per Aircraft
Table 8: Poland - Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2018
List of Figures
Figure 1: Poland - Insurance Supervision and Control at Various Levels
Figure 2: Poland - Insurance Regulatory Frameworks for Company Registration and Operation