Cardiovascular Pathology, Fourth Edition, provides users with a comprehensive overview that encompasses its examination, cardiac structure, both normal and physiologically altered, and a multitude of abnormalities. This updated edition offers current views on interventions, both medical and surgical, and the pathology related to them.
Congenital heart disease and its pathobiology are covered in some depth, as are vasculitis and neoplasias. Each section has been revised to reflect new discoveries in clinical and molecular pathology, with new chapters updated and written with a practical approach, especially with regards to the discussion of pathophysiology. New chapters reflect recent technological advances with cardiac devices, transplants, genetics, and immunology. Each chapter is highly illustrated and covers contemporary aspects of the disease processes, including a section on the role of molecular diagnostics and cytogenetics as specifically related to cardiovascular pathology.
Customers buy the Print + Electronic product together!
- Serves as a contemporary, all-inclusive guide to cardiovascular pathology for clinicians and researchers, as well as clinical residents and fellows of pathology, cardiology, cardiac surgery, and internal medicine
- Offers new organization of each chapter to enable uniformity for learning and reference: Definition, Epidemiology, Clinical Presentation, Pathogenesis/Genetics, Light and Electron Microscopy/Immunohistochemistry, Differential Diagnosis, Treatment and Potential Complications
- Features six new chapters and expanded coverage of the normal heart and blood vessels, cardiovascular devices, congenital heart disease, tropical and infectious cardiac disease, and forensic pathology of the cardiovascular system
- Contains 400+ full color illustrations and an online image collection facilitate research, study, and lecture slide creation
1. Anatomic Considerations and Examination of Cardiovascular Specimens (Excluding Devices) J.J. MALESZEWSKI, C.K. LAI AND J.P. VEINOT
2. Age-related Cardiovascular Changes and Diseases A. SEKI AND M.C. FISHBEIN
3. Vascular Pathobiology: Atherosclerosis and Large Vessel Disease S. XU, M. BENDECK AND A.I. GOTLIEB
4. Diseases of Small and Medium-sized Blood Vessels J.R. STONE
5. Aneurysms of the Aorta: Ascending, Thoracic and Abdominal and Their Management E. LADICH, J. BUTANY AND R. VIRMANI
6. Fundamental Principles in Cardiovascular Genetics M.A. SEIDMAN AND R.N. MITCHELL
7. Myocardial Ischemia and Its Complications G.A. FISHBEIN, M.C. FISHBEIN AND L. MAXIMILIAN BUJA
8. Pathophysiology of Heart Failure and an Overview of Therapies J.M. BERTHIAUME, J.A. KIRK, M.J. RANEK, R.C. LYON, F. SHEIKH, B.C. JENSEN, B.D. HOIT, J. BUTANY, M. TOLEND, V. RAO AND M.S. WILLIS
9. Myocarditis M.A. SEIDMAN AND B.M. MCMANUS
10. Pathology of Sudden Death, Cardiac Arrhythmias and Conduction System G. THIENE, S. RIZZO AND C. BASSO
11. Cardiomyopathies G. D'AMATI AND C. GIORDANO
12. Valvular Heart Disease P. VAIDEESWAR AND J. BUTANY
13. Cardiac Valve Replacement and Related Interventions F.J. SCHOEN AND J. BUTANY
14. The Pathology of Cardiovascular Interventions and Devices for Coronary Artery Disease, Vascular Disease, Heart Failure, and Arrhythmias L. MAXIMILIAN BUJA AND F.J. SCHOEN
15. Congenital Heart Disease: Pathology, Natural History, and Interventions G. OTTAVIANI AND L. MAXIMILIAN BUJA
16. The Pericardium and Its Diseases P. SINGHAL, D. THAVENDIRANATHAN AND J. BUTANY
17. Pathology of Cardiac Transplantation C.D. TAN, M.K. HALUSHKA AND E.R. RODRIGUEZ
18. Toxins and the Heart M.C. FISHBEIN
19. Tumors of the Cardiovascular System: Heart and Blood Vessels E. LADICH AND R. VIRMANI
20. Forensic Aspects of Cardiovascular Pathology B. SAMPSON AND J.L. HAMMERS
Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Medical School, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); Distinguished Teaching Professor, The University of Texas System; Executive Director, The TMC Library; Editor-in-Chief, Cardiovascular Pathology (the official journal of the Society for Cardiovscular Pathology)
Consultant Cardiovascular Pathologist/Director Autopsy Services Co-Editor-in-Chief, Cardiovascular Pathology, Guest Editor, Seminars in Diagnostic Pathology Secretary-Treasurer, WASPaLM, Professor, University of Toronto & Director, Division of Pathology,Dept. of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University Health Network / Laboratory Medicine Program Toronto General Hospital,Toronto, Ontario, Canada.