Adhesive and Sealants are substances applied to the surfaces of materials to bind them together and resist separation by blocking the passage of gases or liquids through the openings. They can be liquids which are viscous, with little or no flow characteristics.
Sealants typically have lower strength and higher elongations than adhesives. Adhesives and sealants offer many advantages through their ability to bind different materials together by distributing stress more efficiently across the joint. Reduction in cost over machine processes, improvement in the look and increased flexibility are some of its functional advantages.
Sealants find its application in Consumers goods, Construction, Transportation, Automotive and Aerospace industries. Surface sealants require air in curing mechanism that changes its state from liquid to solid once applied. Desirable properties of a sealant include good binding properties, insolubility and resistance to corrosion.
The Global Adhesives and sealants market is segmented based on technology (Water based, Solvent based, Reactive and hot melts), by application (Construction, Paper board and related uses, Transportation, Footwear and leather and other uses), by geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the world). Some of the key players in the market are BASF SE, Sika AG, 3M Company and Pidilite Industries.
What The Report Offers
1) Market Definition along with identification of key Drivers and Restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5) Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the industry on both global and regional scale.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.2 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Adhesives and Sealants Market
3.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Model
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Shifting Focus Towards Composites
4.1.2 Wide Range of Applications
4.1.3 Dynamic Economic Development in Asia Pacific
4.1.4 Accelerating Demand from Automotive Industry
4.1.5 Accelerating Demand from Packaging Industry
4.2.1 Volatility in raw material prices
4.2.2 Stringent Environmental Regulations Regarding VOC Emissions
4.2.3 Economic Slowdown in Europe
4.3.1 Recovering Construction Industry in Europe
4.3.2 Escalating Demand for Fuel Efficient and Lightweight Vehicles
4.3.3 Growing Usage in the Electric Vehicles
4.3.4 Shifting Consumer Focus Towrads Flexible Packaging
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 Adhesives By Technology
126.96.36.199 Polyurethane Dispersions (PUD)
188.8.131.52 Polyvinyl Acetate (PVA)
184.108.40.206 Ethylene vinyl acetate
220.127.116.11 Solvent Borne Pressure Sensitive
18.104.22.168 Solvent Borne Non-pressure Sensitive
22.214.171.124 Solvent Borne Contact Ahdesives
5.1.4 Hot melts
126.96.36.199 Ethylene Vinyl Acetate
188.8.131.52 Styrenic Block copolymer
5.2 Sealants by Product Type
5.3 By End-User Industry
5.3.1 Building and Construction
5.3.2 Paper, Board, & Packaging
5.3.4 Woodworking & Joinery
5.3.5 Footwear and Leather
5.3.6 Assembly Operations
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market size, growth and forecast)
6.1.4 South Korea
6.1.5 Rest of APAC
6.2.2 United Kingdom
6.2.5 Rest of Europe
6.3 North America
6.3.1 United States
6.3.4 Rest of North America
6.4 South America
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5 Rest of the World
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
7.2 Joint Ventures Collaborations and Agreements
7.3 Market Shares Analysis
8. Company Profiles
9. BASF SE
9.1 Icon Group
9.2 3M Co.
9.4 Avery Dennison Corp.
9.5 Dow Chemical Co.
9.6 ADCO Global Inc.
9.7 Sika AG
9.8 Ashland Inc.
9.9 Illinois Tool Works Inc.
9.10 H.B. Fuller Co.
9.11 RPM International Inc.
9.12 Adhesives Research Inc..
9.13 Beardow & Adams (Adhesives) Ltd
9.14 Chemence, Ltd.
9.15 Henkel AG & Company, KGaA
9.16 Huntsman Corp.
9.17 Pidilite Industries, Ltd.
9.18 Mapei Spa
9.19 Super Glue Corp.
9.20 Rohm and Haas Co.
9.21 Ninghai Dingcheng Adhesive Co., Ltd.
9.22 American Biltrite, Inc.
- 3M Co.
- AdCo UK Limited
- Adhesive Technologies Corp.
- Adhesive Technologies Inc. (AdTech)
- Adhesives Research Inc.
- Aerocoll Chemie GmbH
- Alfa International Corporation
- American Biltrite Inc.
- American Chemical Inc.
- Arkema Group (Bostik SA)
- Ashland Inc.
- Avery Dennison Corp.
- Beardow & Adams (Adhesives) Ltd.
- Benson Polymers Ltd.
- BÜHNEN (Germany)
- Chemence Ltd.
- Artimelt AG
- DELO Industrial Adhesives
- Dow Chemical Co.
- Dow Corning Corporation (U.S.)
- Dynea AS
- Evans Adhesive Corporation Ltd.
- Franklin International
- H.B. Fuller Co.
- Helmitin Adhesives
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Hexcel Corporation
- Huntsman Corp.
- ITW Performance Polymers (Illinois Tool Works Inc.)
- Jowat AG
- KMS Adhesives
- LORD Corp.
- Mapei Spa
- Master Bond
- Ninghai Dingcheng Adhesive Co., Ltd.
- Paramelt B.V
- Permabond Engineering Adhesives Ltd.
- Pidilite Industries Ltd.
- Royal Adhesives and Sealants
- RPM International Inc.
- Sika AG
- Super Glue Corp.
- Tesa SE (A Beiersdorf Company)
- The Reynolds Corp.
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Wisdom Adhesives Worldwide
- Yokohama Industries