Competition Law & Policy Debate (CLPD) is a quarterly journal focusing on major developments in Mergers, Cartels, Antitrust (Art.101/102 other than cartels) and State Aid. CLPD contains articles of academic value but written in an approachable style to address practical questions and suggest solutions to new issues. Its focus is on dissecting, analysing and criticising the most recent and important legislation and case law, as well as on discussing questions faced by enforcers and practitioners but neglected in the existing literature. The idea is for CLPD to be an important platform for lawyers and economists to express conflicting views and, in particular, encourage the debate on new developments in all areas of competition law. In this way the journal wants to contribute to debates on policy - or even start them.
The articles are written by economists and lawyers, judges, officials at DG Competition, national authorities or international organisations, practitioners working in-house or in law firms as well as academics. This mix should result in a unique exchange of views, opinions and ideas. Each issue of the CLPD focuses on one principal topic that is discussed from different angles and potentially with different interests in mind.
In addition, the journal includes a yearly synopsis of the principal law & policy developments in each of the four fields mentioned and is published in both hard copy and digitally.
CLPD articles are peer-reviewed by at least 2 editorial board members.
- Antitrust Law Schild, Brussels
- Lucia Bonova, Head of Unit, Transport, Post and other services, DG COMP, European Commission
- Julia Brockhoff, Head of Unit, Communication policy and inter-institutional relations, DG COMP, European Commission
- Josep Carpi-Badia, Head of Unit, Merger Case Support, DG COMP, European Commission
- Antonio Capobianco, Senior Competition Expert, OECD Competition Division
- Koen Van De Casteele, Head of Unit, State Aid Policy, DG COMP, European Commission
- Gianluca Faella, Counsel, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton, Rome
- Leo Flynn, Member of the legal service, State aid and dumping, European Commission
- Celine Gauer, Director, Markets and Cases I, DG COMP, European Commission
- Francisco Enrique Gonzalez-Diaz, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton, Brussels
- Roberto Grasso, Director of Legal EMEA and Russia at Columbia Sportswear Company
- Lars Kjølbye, Partner, Latham & Watkins, Brussels
- Edurne Navorro Varona, Partner, Uría Menéndez, Brussels
- Kristina Nordlander, Partner, Sidley Austin LLP, Brussels
- Jorge Padilla, Senior Managing Director, CompassLexecon, Europe
- Nicola Pesaresi, Head of Unit, State Aid Strategy, DG COMP, European Commission
- John Ratliff, Partner, WilmerHale, Brussels
- Robbert Snelders, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton, Brussels
- Christof Swaak, Partner, Stibbe, Amsterdam