Mesenchymal stromal/ stem cells (MSCs) represent a heterogeneous cell population with immunomodulating, tissue repairing, differentiating, migratory and angiogenic abilities, making them important tools for clinical and translational research. An understanding of the role of MSCs in modulating tumor growth provides a glimpse into their role in non-pathological tissue remodeling and potential regenerative tissue therapies.
Mesenchymal Stromal Cells as Tumor Stromal Modulators is a comprehensive source for the understanding of the role of MSCs as ubiquitous connective tissue cell components, which may have both direct and indirect effects on the tumor microenvironment and potential for regenerative therapeutics for various diseases. Using cancer as a model disease, this book explores the transformative role MSCs play in the recruitment of disease cells, cell repair and immunological defenses.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. What are Mesenchymal Stromal Cells? Origin and Discovery of Mesenchymal Stromal Cells Jorge Domenech
2. Mesenchymal Stem/Stromal Cells from Adult Tissues Regina Coeli dos Santos Goldenberg, Debora Bastos Mello and Karina Dutra Asensi
3. Mesenchymal Stem/Stromal Cells from Neonatal Tissues Alp Can, Zeynep Gulhan Yigman
4. Mesenchymal stem/Stromal Cells Derived from Pluripotent Stem Cells Carlos Luzzani, Santiago G. Miriuka
5. Mesenchymal Stem/Stromal Cells as Biological Factories Addeli Bez Batti Angulski, Alejandro Correa, Marco Augusto Stimamiglio
6. MSC recruitment from distant and local tissues in homeostasis and tissue remodeling Lindolfo da Silva Meirelles, Nance Beyer Nardi
7. Mesenchymal stem/stromal cell trafficking and homing Armel Herve Nwabo Kamdje, Paul Faustin Seke Etet, Paul Takam Kamga, Jean Marc Muller, Giulio Bassi, Erique Lukong, Raghuveera Kumar Goel, Mauro Krampera
8. Tumor-Secreted Factors That Induce Mesenchymal Stromal Cell Chemotaxis Kevin Anton and John Glod
9. Mesenchymal stromal cells recruitment by gastrointestinal carcinomas Guillermo D. Mazzolini
10. Mesenchymal Stem/Stromal Cell Recruitment by Central Nervous System Tumors Brittany C. Parker Kerrigan and Frederick F. Lang
11. Mesenchymal stem cell transition to tumor-associated stromal cells contributes to cancer progression Karen M. Bussard,Erika Spaeth, Lysette A. Mutkus, Kristina A. Stumpf and Frank C. Marini
12. Mesenchymal Stromal Cells and Tumor Angiogenesis Shih-Chieh Hung
13. Role of MSCs in Anti-Tumor Drug Resistance Augustin Le Naour and Bettina Couderc
14. Multifunctional Roles of Tumor-Associated Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Cancer Progression Antoine E. Karnoub 15. Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Metastatic Niches Leandro Marcelo Martinez, Vivian Labovsky, Valeria Beatriz Fernández Vallone, Choi Hosoon, Mariana Amorós, Casie Phillips and Norma Alejandra Chasseing
16. The bone marrow microenvironment as a regulator of tumor dormancy Makiko Ono and Takahiro Ochiya
17. MSC and the tumor immune system Nykia D. Walker, George R. Nahas, Jessian Munoz, Justin Lucas, Piotr Pobiarzyn and Pranela Rameshwar
18. The inflammatory environment and its effects on mesenchymal stem cells Krisztian Nemeth
19. All Aboard: Mesenchymal Stem Cells as Cell Carriers for Virotherapy Julius W. Kim, Jason Murphy, Alan L. Chang, DrewA. Spencer, J. Robert Kane,DeepakKanojia, Aida Rashidi, Jacob S. Young and Maciej S. Lesniak
20. Engineered Mesenchymal Stem/ Stromal Cells for Cellular Therapies Sreevidhya Ramakrishnan, Debanjan Sarkar
21. Extracellular Vesicles from Mesenchymal Stem Cells and their potential in Tumor Therapy Johann Mar Gudbergsson and Meg Duroux
22. MSCs therapy: defining the risks of MSC therapy. Ex vivo expanded MSCs for therapeutic purposes Myriam N. Bouchlaka, Peiman Hematti and Christian M. Capitini
23. Concluding Remarks Mariana Garcia and Marcela Bolontrade
Argentinian National Research Council (CONICET), Institute of Experimental Medicine and Biology (IBYME), Stem Cells Laboratory, Universidad Austral, Pilar, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mariana García Argentinian National Research Council (CONICET) and Gene Therapy Laboratory, Facultad de Ciencias Biomédicas, Universidad Austral, Pilar, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Argentinian National Research Council (CONICET). Gene Therapy Laboratory, Facultad de Ciencias Biomédicas, Universidad Austral, Pilar, Buenos Aires, Argentina