The UK commercial property insurance market is highly competitive and the market has been stuck in a soft period of the cycle for a prolonged period. The market witnessed a decline in 2015 and the profitability of the top players also remained subdued. High operating costs and continued competition via market overcapacity are cutting into insurers’ profitability.
- The top 10 insurers account for 65.3% of the market.
- Aviva remains the largest commercial insurer in the UK.
- Aviva was the provider of choice for commercial brokers.
The “UK Commercial Property Insurance: Competitor Dynamics” report is one of a series providing a high-level look into insurer activity during the last year within a product area and benchmarks the leading insurers against each other. Each report looks at the top 10-20 players to see how they have performed but also to see how they have changed their overall propositions.
Reasons to Buy
- Benchmark yourself against other players in the market.
- Adapt your proposition to gain competitor advantage.
- AIG Europe
- Aspen Insurance
- Berkshire Hathaway
- Direct Line Group
- Liberty Mutual
- New India Assurance
- QBE Insurance (Europe)
- SCOR UK Company
- Travelers Insurance
- XL Insurance