Airlines in Argentina industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2010-14, and forecast to 2019). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Argentina airlines market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The airlines industry comprises passenger air transportation, including both scheduled and chartered, but excludes air freight transport. Industry volumes are defined as the total number of revenue passengers carried/enplaned (departures) at all airports within the specified country or region, excluding transit passengers who arrive and depart on the same flight code. For the US and Canada, transborder passengers departing from either country are considered as part of the international segment. Industry value is defined as the total revenue obtained by airlines from transporting these passengers. This avoids the double-counting of passengers. All currency conversions in this profile were carried out using constant 2014 average annual exchange rates.
- The Argentinian airlines industry had total revenues of $2,007.5m in 2014, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.8% between 2010 and 2014.
- Industry consumption volumes increased with a CAGR of 4.5% between 2010 and 2014, to reach a total of 11.8 million passengers carried in 2014.
- The performance of the industry is forecast to follow a similar pattern with an anticipated CAGR of 9.7% for the five-year period 2014 - 2019, which is expected to drive the industry to a value of $3,189.6m by the end of 201
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the airlines market in Argentina
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the airlines market in Argentina
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key airlines market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Argentina airlines market with five year forecasts
- Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the Argentina economy
Key Questions Answered
- What was the size of the Argentina airlines market by value in 2014?
- What will be the size of the Argentina airlines market in 2019?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Argentina airlines market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Aerolineas Argentinas S.A.
Avianca Holdings S.A.
LATAM Airlines Group S.A.
LIST OF TABLES
Table 1: Argentina airlines industry value: $ million, 2010-14
Table 2: Argentina airlines industry volume: million passengers, 2010-14
Table 3: Argentina airlines industry category segmentation: million passengers, 2014
Table 4: Argentina airlines industry geography segmentation: $ million, 2014
Table 5: Argentina airlines industry value forecast: $ million, 2014–19
Table 6: Argentina airlines industry volume forecast: million passengers, 2014–19
Table 7: Aerolineas Argentinas S.A.: key facts
Table 8: Avianca Holdings S.A.: key facts
Table 9: LATAM Airlines Group S.A.: key facts
Table 10: LATAM Airlines Group S.A.: key financials ($)
Table 11: LATAM Airlines Group S.A.: key financial ratios
Table 12: Argentina size of population (million), 2010-14
Table 13: Argentina gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2010-14
Table 14: Argentina gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2010-14
Table 15: Argentina inflation, 2010-14
Table 16: Argentina consumer price index (absolute), 2010-14
Table 17: Argentina exchange rate, 2010-14
LIST OF FIGURES
Figure 1: Argentina airlines industry value: $ million, 2010-14
Figure 2: Argentina airlines industry volume: million passengers, 2010-14
Figure 3: Argentina airlines industry category segmentation: % share, by volume, 2014
Figure 4: Argentina airlines industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2014
Figure 5: Argentina airlines industry value forecast: $ million, 2014–19
Figure 6: Argentina airlines industry volume forecast: million passengers, 2014–19
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the airlines industry in Argentina, 2014
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the airlines industry in Argentina, 2014
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the airlines industry in Argentina, 2014
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the airlines industry in Argentina, 2014
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the airlines industry in Argentina, 2014
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the airlines industry in Argentina, 2014
Figure 13: LATAM Airlines Group S.A.: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: LATAM Airlines Group S.A.: assets & liabilities