The China Energy Group has assessed China as the world’s top exporter with 40% of the global textile and clothing exports with 24,000 enterprises in the textile business. Furthermore, the Indian government has made huge investments under the Scheme for Integrated Textile Parks (SITP) for further growth. The Indian Brand Equity Foundation has estimated the Indian textile industry at around $150 billion. Additionally, fashion technology is making strides in most of the APAC countries such as Taiwan, Malaysia, Indonesia, and the Philippines. The growth of the textile sector in APAC has a direct impact on the revenues of textile chemicals, and the region had the maximum textile chemicals market share that was gauged to be 53%.
Textile Chemicals Market Outlook:
Textile chemicals are specialty chemicals such as textile finishing chemicals that are used in the textile industry for a gamut of purposes such as dyeing, coloring, and finishing. These chemicals find applications in various divisions of the textile sector that include home furnishing, industrial, and others.
Owing to the changing trends in the fashion technology coupled with the growth of the apparel section of the textile industry, the key application of textile chemicals is found to be in apparels. Furthermore, the application of textile chemicals in apparels is foreseen to grow at a CAGR of 5% through to 2025.
Textile Chemicals Market Growth Drivers:
- Increased Demand from the Packaging Industry –
The advent of e-commerce and the subsequent increase in trade of various products that are bought and sold online has had a positive impact on the packaging industry which can also be conceived from the evident growth prospects in the packaging machinery market. This demand influx for packaging goods is leveraged by the textile industry as a lot of packaging material is made of textile products. Evidently, textile chemicals are used as colorants and finishing agents in these packaging materials, which is further flourishing the market.
- The Cotton Production Across the Globe –
According to the findings in the Cotton Outlook white paper compiled by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), the world’s cotton production was estimated to rise by 14% in the year 2020-18. Furthermore, the organization projected that global cotton consumption will exceed production in the future. Incremented consumption is partly attributed to the utilization of cotton in the textile industry to manufacture apparels and home furnishing products that will lead to an increased demand for textile chemicals.
- Home Furnishing Textiles Creating a Sustainable Marketplace –
The booming economy has led to an increase in disposable personal income in most parts of the world that has enabled people to splurge on expensive home furnishing textiles and floor coverings such as carpets. Subsequently, there is a perceptible growth in production of these textile products which is significantly supporting the textile chemicals market.
Textile Chemicals Market Trends –
- Smart Technical Textiles – The textile chemicals market is influenced by the demand for smart technical textiles that uses chemicals such as cyclodextrin which are encapsulated in them. These chemicals impart fragrance and relieving effects.
- Latest Development – In 2020, Huntsman Textile Effects introduced PHOBOTEX RSY which is a non-fluorinated, durable and has water repellent properties. It was developed to meet extreme protection, comfort, and durability.
Textile Chemicals Market Challenges –
The “chemicals of concern” have been the major challenge in the textile chemicals market. The governments across the globe have incorporate stringent regulations regarding the use of harmful chemicals such as VOCs, chlorine bleach, and formaldehyde in the textile industry. This is majorly attributable to the health issues caused due to the exposure of workers to these chemicals as some of them are toxic. Hence, the manufacturers are facing stringent regulations pertaining to the usage of textile chemicals in the textile industry, which is reducing the market size. However, the textile industries are incorporating advanced safety techniques in order to reduce incidents or accidents due to textile chemicals.
Textile Chemicals Market Key Players Perspective –
The major players crusading for textile chemicals market share are Archroma, Huntsman, Tanatex Chemicals, DowDuPont, DyStar Group, Wacker Chemie AG, Evonik Industries, Rudolf Group, Bozzetto Group, Kemin Industries, Covestro, Croda Chemicals, and CHT Group.
Textile Chemicals Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2020, with forecast done up to 2025. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the textile chemicals market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The textile chemicals market research report also analyses the application of various catalysts based on their components that include zeolites, metals, and chemicals. The report also documents the scope for textile chemicals on the basis of type that include pre-treatment chemicals, textile dyeing chemicals, dyeing and printing chemicals, finishing chemicals, and others.
Textile Chemicals Market Report: Industry Coverage
The report also documents that applications of textile users in the industries such as home furnishing, apparel, industrial, and others.
The textile chemicals market report also analyzes the major geographic regions as well as the major countries in these regions.
The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
- South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
- APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
- Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Key Questions Addressed in the Textile Chemicals Market Report
- Is the market demand for textile chemicals growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
- Which type of home security system presents the major growth opportunities?
- Is there a possibility for change in the market structure over time?
- Are additional developments needed for the existing product or services offerings or do the existing products meet the customer demands?
- Do the key vendors look for partnerships to expand their businesses with respect to geography or product?
- What are the short-term, long-term, and medium-term growth drivers for the market?
- What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term challenges for the market?
- What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term opportunities for the market
- Who are the top players/companies of the market?
- What are the recent innovations in the market?
- How many patents have been filed by the leading players?
- What are the types of patents filed by the leading players?
- What is our Vision 2030 for the textile chemicals market?
A Few Focus Points Of This Research Are Given Below:
- Give a deep-dive analysis of the key operational strategies with focus on the corporate structure, R&D strategies, localization strategies, production capabilities, and sales performance of various companies
- Provide an overview of the product portfolio, including product planning, development, and positioning
- Discuss the role of technology companies in partnerships
- Explore the regional sales activities
- Analyze the market size and giving the forecast for current and future global textile chemicals market during the forecast 2020–2025
- Analyze the competitive factors, competitors’ market shares, product capabilities, and supply chain structures
This report will be delivered within 2 business days.
2. Executive Summary
3. Textile Chemicals Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.2.1. Product Benchmarking
3.2.2. End User profiling
3.2.3. Patent Analysis
3.2.4. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. Textile Chemicals Market Forces
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Constraints
4.3. Market Challenges
4.4. Attractiveness of the Industry
4.4.1. Power of Suppliers
4.4.2. Power of Customers
4.4.3. Threat of New entrants
4.4.4. Threat of Substitution
4.4.5. Degree of Competition
5. Textile Chemicals Market – Strategic Analysis
5.1. Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product/Market Life Cycle Analysis
5.5. Suppliers and Distributors
6. Textile Chemicals Market - By Process
6.7. Fabric Softenibg
7. Textile Chemicals Market - By Textile Type
8. Textile Chemicals Market – By Type of Chemicals
8.2. Functional Chemical Substances
8.2.1. Dyestuffs and Pigments
8.2.2. Crease Resistant Agents
8.2.3. Anti-Shrinking Agents
8.2.4. Anti-microbial and Anti-odour
8.2.5. Oil, Soil and Water Repellents
8.2.7. Flame Retardants
8.2.9. Stiffening Agents
8.3. Auxiliary Chemical Substances
8.3.1. Organic Solvents
8.3.3. UV Absorbers
8.3.5. Sewability Improver
8.3.6. Yarn Lubricants
8.3.9. Acids And Bases
8.3.10. Colour Depth Enhancers
8.3.11. Core Alkali Neutraliser
8.4.1. pH regulators
8.4.2. UV absorbers
8.4.3. Dye protective agents
9. Textile Chemicals Market – By End User
9.1.1. Bulk Containers
9.1.2. Seed/Crop Covers
9.1.4. Pond Liners
9.2.1. Safety Fencing
9.2.2. Safety Vest
9.2.3. Conveyer Belting
9.2.4. Concrete Curing
9.3.2. Garment Linings
9.3.3. Artificial Leather Bags
9.3.4. Shoe Uppers and Linings
9.4.1. Barrier Materials
9.4.2. Field Covers
9.4.3. Abrasive Backing
9.5. Home Furnishing
9.5.1. Carpet Backing
9.5.3. Drapery Backing
9.6.3. Prosthetic devices
9.6.5. Hygiene products
9.7.5. Truck covers
9.8.1. Athletic shoes
9.8.3. Exercise mats
9.8.5. Field Covers
9.9.1. Bulk containers
9.9.2. House Wrap
9.9.3. Lumber Wrap
9.9.4. Gas holding
9.9.5. Barrier packaging
9.9.6. Liquid bulk storage
9.9.7. Waterproof materials
10. Food enzymes Market - By Geography
10.2. North America
10.3. South America
10.3.7. Costa Rica
10.4.9. Rest of Europe
10.5.3. South Korea
10.5.7. Hong Kong
10.5.8. Rest of APAC
10.5.9. Middle East& Africa
10.5.11. South Africa
10.5.12. Saudi Arabia
10.6. Rest of Middle East and Africa
11. Market Entropy
11.1. New Product Launches
11.2. M&As, Collaborations, JVs, Partnership
12. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, SWOT Analysis, Developments, Product Portfolio)
12.1. The Dow Chemical Company
12.2. The Lubrizol Corporation
12.3. BASF SE
12.4. Huntsman Corporation
*More than 20 Companies are profiled in this Research Report*
13.3. Research Methodology
13.5. Compilation of Expert Insights